Don't call it a comeback

browncoat434

Dalayan Beginner
I've been playing off and on for years, but I really want to make a concerted effort to really make that jump into the end game. Going to start fresh to get my bearings, but I was thinking of playing a Magician/Shaman box or something unique along those lines. Looking for some suggestions and directions if that is not so plausible as the game stands right now - thanks in advance for any sage wisdom!

play the class and race you want to stare at for the longest amount of time.

(and then be a cleric)

Beastlord and Druid (pet class + healer).

Dps, Slow, Heals, Ports, Buffs, Tracking...

I would chose Ogre Beastlord, because of their superior stamina.
Race for Druid I have no knowledge about.

A comeback? No one ever starts from scratch, you just continue to learn. Welcome, by the way.

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested, my old contact is selling a few Rotiform Wheels. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
I was thinking of playing a Magician/Shaman box or something unique along those lines.

Don't do it. ;)

I would do a Cleric / Druid with the Mage.
or
The Shaman with a Tank / Bard combo has always been fun.

And this is just personal opinion, I'm not trying to steer you away from the idea at all cause I do love boxing them doing my own thing. But I haven't ever really liked boxing Tp / Zip on raids and I played them both together from T1 - Current.

Been playing on AEQ for a bit now, loving it over there, and considering spending some more time back in SoD as well. Never made it past my mid 30s(I think...) on my sk/dru combo. Started up a priest to switch out with the druid, but that experiment never went anywhere - considering a comeback with new characters, wondering how valid a war/dru combo would be - thoughts?

Druid War is a very nice combo. Druid have 2 of the most important buffs for a Warrior, DS and Regen.

For farming harder stuff, on tier13 chars, War + Druid is a monster combo. Druid can do tons of AE dps with R2, and set up healing with double hots, so the War is still getting heals, while the Druid is AEing the cash out of the pile.... (Biggest problem is keeping aggro on the War lol).

But even at lower tiers and lvl's, its a super solid combo. Tanking with decent dps + Ports, Buffs, Heals, Tracking. (You will need haste on the War, can use the Enchanter augur if everything else fails).

Go for it! :)

Druid War is a very nice combo. Druid have 2 of the most important buffs for a Warrior, DS and Regen.

For farming harder stuff, on tier13 chars, War + Druid is a monster combo. Druid can do tons of AE dps with R2, and set up healing with double hots, so the War is still getting heals, while the Druid is AEing the cash out of the pile.... (Biggest problem is keeping aggro on the War lol).

But even at lower tiers and lvl's, its a super solid combo. Tanking with decent dps + Ports, Buffs, Heals, Tracking. (You will need haste on the War, can use the Enchanter augur if everything else fails).

Go for it! :)
And finally... for the player who just doesn't feel like two-boxing but doesn't want to play a caster... I always viewed knights(or ranger on eqlive) as the ultimate soloists - moatly because kiting is a recipe for carpal tunnel(as playing a bard through GoD taught me) - for SoD I'm guessing... beastlord?

Back
Top Bottom