DO NOT ASK FOR DOWNLOAD LINKS TO THE GAME

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
Hey chuckleberries, as the rules explicitly state, we do not condone downloading the game for free, and do not permit any discussion or linking to any free downloads. If you want to discuss how to attain the game here, then discuss how to pick up a cheap copy of Titanium - it's no more than $10 or so these days, and that's not much for a one-time cost.

This may surprise you, but we do appreciate the efforts of those that coded the clientside software we make use of, and we would like to see it properly paid for since the whole purpose of the "free download" is to pay the kind of monthly cost we do not charge.

That said, we're not going to go on a witchhunt or start asking people for CD keys, but at the very least if you're going to pirate, keep it off our forums.

Hi, I'm new here and completely understand when people continue to advertise the fact that they never paid for a game they're playing. I'm against pirating software in some respects, and from what I've seen this game is still in retail chains so who ever is interested, the game is still available for purchase easily under $10. But my main point is that S ony is in fact giving access to the game free of charge as a download and it is the full version of Game.

They are holding it on their public ftp server on the S ony Station website:

If posting this is against the rules please let me know, I'd just like to clear the air a bit and let everyone know that S ony has indeed covered development costs quite some time ago and obviously don't mind handing out the game, much like Blizzard with World of Warcraft. But they do in fact want you to register for a monthly subscription although everyone here obviously isn't doing that.

CUBeR64 said:
Hi, I'm new here and completely understand when people continue to advertise the fact that they never paid for a game they're playing. I'm against pirating software in some respects, and from what I've seen this game is still in retail chains so who ever is interested, the game is still available for purchase easily under $10. But my main point is that S ony is in fact giving access to the game free of charge as a download and it is the full version of Game.

They are holding it on their public ftp server on the S ony Station website:

If posting this is against the rules please let me know, I'd just like to clear the air a bit and let everyone know that S ony has indeed covered development costs quite some time ago and obviously don't mind handing out the game, much like Blizzard with World of Warcraft. But they do in fact want you to register for a monthly subscription although everyone here obviously isn't doing that.

I'd just like to let you know that if you do indeed do this, you will find yourself missing a few files needed to play SoD, since live has updated a few zone files. (sro files come to mind)

You would be better off going to buy a $10 copy of the game, its not expensive and will make your SoD experience much smoother.

This may surprise you, but we do appreciate the efforts of those that coded the clientside software we make use of, and we would like to see it properly paid for since the whole purpose of the "free download" is to pay the kind of monthly cost we do not charge.

Meaning, don't post the links, please.

I know everquest titanium will work I was wonder ing everquest aniversary edition will have the required expansions and so for if so I'll just pick that up?

You need up to and including Gates of Discord which is not included in the Evolution edition. You'd have to get the Titanium edition at the least.

Please excuse the stupid question, but I am to surmise that the 10-level free trial on the EQ website is NOT enough to play SoD? I still have EQ up to Lost Dungeons but my friend wanted to try this out and has never played EQ before. I know the Platinum edition is only $12, but $12 is a lot if you are as poor as we are. =/

Also, you need Gates of Discord? It says on the main Files page you only need up to Planes of Power.

Thanks for the help and for your patience. :)

RogueyMU said:
Please excuse the stupid question, but I am to surmise that the 10-level free trial on the Game website is NOT enough to play SoD? I still have Game up to Lost Dungeons but my friend wanted to try this out and has never played Game before. I know the Platinum edition is only $12, but $12 is a lot if you are as poor as we are. =/

Also, you need Gates of Discord? It says on the main Files page you only need up to Planes of Power.

Thanks for the help and for your patience. :)

I was under the impression that the escape to norrath/trial crap only gave you the zone files and such for the tutorial area (The new one, some mine zone).
As for Gates I was under the impression that new content from it was being added / was added, maybe the page needs a update

TO Clarify

To clarify this rule....

I have purchased All expansions up to GoD. (Hekc I bought them twice because I lost the discs). I currently don`t have a subscription so I cannot download the patches. However, if someone can show they actually have purchased the game, could a download be available for them?

Thanks.

(If not i'll think of just sucking it up to buy it...)

we do not condone downloading the game for free, and do not permit any discussion or linking to any free downloads

Thats really not unclear. We dont provide the game to you, nor do we want discussion of where to obtain download links here on our forums, regardless of whether or not you can prove you bought it at one point.

Does evolution work?

You need up to and including Gates of Discord which is not included in the Evolution edition. You'd have to get the Titanium edition at the least.

I've been playing with evolution and so far it has been working but today I ran into some mobs that looked like humans that were supposed to be some type of spiders.. Every zone I've been to seemed to load fine but I'm afraid I'll eventually run into a zone that I can't load and will stop me from playing. I created a thread here: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=16293 about the specifics.. if someone from SoD staff or anyone else knowledgeable about the subject please reply with some more in-depth detail?

Very noob question.

Ugh please disregard this, found all the answers I was searching for ;)

Last edited:
I paid for my EQ account (two of them in fact) already, but all of my discs are in another state and I am on a new computer. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work? I tried downloading the free trial (to get the patcher) and then patch all of the files from the patcher menu(you know, the way you can select all of the expansions on the options menu for download.), but apparently I need a current subscription to download the files again. I stopped my subscription almost a year ago.

Is my only option is to either buy it all over again or get my original copies shipped to me, or is there a way I can use my old account to access the required data?

Last edited:
Costs less than $5 to mail them. You can buy a month of subscription for however much it is.

I'm not quite sure what you expect to hear besides this.

Not trying to necro an old topic here but I have a valid question: looking to purchase the Titanium version which is what I am understanding is what I need, it seems to go for $60 , and then ********* I: The Anniversary Edition I see for $45. Which one do I need, as I am confused by the mix of answers previously stated in this thread about what is needed and what won't work.

Thanks.

Edit: I found my answer... using search and reading the site more.. and remembering that I've played on this server before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom