Dispell Magic woes.....

Kharras

Dalayan Adventurer
Why is the recast so terrible on the dispell magic line of spells? It makes groups that want to go to Krawlaws in ember rely on having a Bard or else have a horrid time of misery and woe trying to time dispells and crossing fingers that they dont get resisted. Any real reason for the long recast? Thanks.

This is major leaks but you only have to annul or whatever about every 30ish seconds and you have about a 3 second grace period even after the cast time of annul.

Cancel Magic and Annul Magic are both unresistable. If there is a character with both of these, he/she can just chain cast in succession. Fuwok is also right in that the heal they do is on a timer of 30 seconds (I think 1 type of healer might be on a 45 second timer also).. but staring at /time or having a stopwatch on you is pretty much a pain in the ass. Bards are your friends lol.

Gamparse has a running fight timer so I usually would look at the fight timer and yell dispel dispel on ventrilo in typical impotent nerd fashion.

I have been thinking about making recant a precision tool instead of a huge dispell crazy time. Perhaps instant recast .2 second cast time single buff dispell with no recast.

Do people use recant? Perhaps another spell is called for.

I have been thinking about making recant a precision tool instead of a huge dispell crazy time. Perhaps instant recast .2 second cast time single buff dispell with no recast.

Do people use recant? Perhaps another spell is called for.

Stral will load it once in a while then go "oh fuck it's resistable" and then never casts it again for months till he loads it again and does the same thing. So I'd wager most other enchanters don't use it for similar reasons.

It seemed to me when I was still trying to find use for Recant, that it also dispelled itself after the first tick. Completely useless.

The perk to recant is, if it worked it would be phenomenal in one particular zone, and anywhere else where mobs have a similar mechanic (or perhaps future mobs with a similar mechanic). The drawback is, that one particular zone would be pretty much the only place it would get a lot of use. Unless a mob has this mechanic, a rolling dispell is a bad thing as it will eat debuffs.

Currently, enchanters are only really capable dispellers if the mobs magic resistance is low-med. Once a mob has high mr, the enc only has one unresistable dispell on a 6 second recast whereas EIGHT other classes have 2, letting them chain cast them. I remember being around t7 and hating life in emberflow chain casting dispells over and over and getting resisted almost every cast that wasn't cancel magic with people yelling at me to dispell. Max cha at the time mind you (prior to tomes).

In any case, what I personally think should be done is that if recant can easily be fixed to work properly I would give fixing it another go, and then give it and pillage enchantment either a big drop to their mr check or make them unresistable. Pillage enchantment is great in theory on any mob that has more than one buff to eat. However, unless you know specifically from frequenting zone x that mob y has more than one buff and has low mr, then its much safer to just assume otherwise and load cancel magic until the haste or ds is obviously gone. If instead pillage were changed to be unresistable, bringing an enchanter to a group pretty much says, "Ok every mob is going to be entirely stripped of any and all buffs, not just that one annoying one we really want to go away." And then if recant were made unresistable and functioned as intended, bringing an enc with obnoxious mechanic z would pretty much assure that its covered, allowing other people to go back to their roles instead of the clusterfuck that is half of a group mashing dispell.

If recant magic can't magically get fixed to work properly without a monstrous coding effort, I'd happily take waldaff's idea instead. Something needs to be done regardless. The class was clearly meant to be a powerful dispeller with the whole line of dispells they get, but they're terrible at it most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom