Diety Factions?

Danmarr

Dalayan Beginner
Was thinking tonite about some good ideas to bring some more rp to the game (at least maybe get people interested in it) and also a nice way to add some new quests. Was thinking maybe quests that were oriented around dieties. You could choose a certain diety, through an apostle, or maybe some kind of menu. this would start you in your quest to raise higher in the ranks of the dieties religion or what have you. Also there could be quests for each diety that end in new spell/armor/weapon rewards. Just thought it would be a pretty neat way to bring dieties more into the game, instead of just them being "there"

Yes, but dieties are an intregal part of the lore, and this is also an rp encouraged server. At least a diety system would be cool, doesn't even ncessarily have to have quests that involve rewards other than maybe recognition or something within the dieties eyes *shrugs*

yeah, what if different dieties do a little quest (very easy, like kill this a lvl 8 mob in a tox or great divide that represents the god's enemy and give npc the item mob drops) and the reward is a unique looking shield they can equip for looks.

Maybe at a later level there can be a breastplate quest with good stats and each dietie has a distinct, different color.

While inherently not a bad idea, it is, in effect, not reasonable.

Why? Because all warriors would follow Rallos Zek for better damage, all clerics would follow whoever for better heals, etc.

It always ends up like that.

well, the equipment gained from the quests or whatever could be geared towards multiple classes perhaps. or even have seperate, but similar, quests for each class resulting in different items for each class, but the gear you get from each diety could be similar still. also the quests could range from low level initiate type quests (as in proving your loyalty) to high end quests that require full group(s) to complete, meaning it would take the whole guild to be on one faction. maybe even have factions that coexist with each other so different people in the guild can be with different dieties, but once you start on one diety you cant switch without some major screw up that requires tons of time to fix. i for one really like this idea, even for roleplay value if not anything else.

icarium, i'm not talking about the real eq classes. I'm talking about the WR gods which are posted somewhere on this forum.

Arroe said:
icarium, i'm not talking about the real eq classes. I'm talking about the WR gods which are posted somewhere on this forum.

I didn't care to look them up and I couldn't remember them off hand.

The names of the gods are irrelevant. My point stands.

Back
Top Bottom