Dalaya (September 27th Launch)

stever

Dalayan Elder
A new server, called Dalaya, is starting on September 27th. Run by devs of past and present, working together to give us the best of what us addicts have played for years. New client (RoF2), complete wipe, based in the Shards of Dalaya world, but with some rebalancing/class changes to smooth out the process. The team is dropping previews/class spoilers every M/W/Fr with occasional live Q&A sessions. Come join the hype!

Anticipation of this post is the only reason I (and probably others) have been checking these forums for the last several years. I'm so glad it finally happened. Exciting times!

Ahem, to reiterate:
I always thought it was funny how EQ emu servers were like "we gotta have boxes to make groups!". Then P1999 came along. See, most people don't like boxing. More importantly, if your server has boxing then it is, on some deep gamer-mental-level, essentially required.

When the long whispered about SoD server reset never happens, they'd be wise to get rid of boxing entirely.
The subsequent (after this comment was made so many eons ago) release of Quarm reinforces this point. Be bold. Be daring. Be a server that isn't a handful of dudes playing with themselves grinding charm money.

Though, if that change is too bold, at least:
Chainbreaker's use your alts as mercs and swap freely between them out of combat thing is probably the best feature I've ever seen in a private EQ server. By a long shot. I would love to see a, errrr, less experimental server that just included that feature and the other QoL stuff. Like those bags, those wonderful bags.

seeing the server is finally getting wiped is pretty bittersweet, wish they would have just listened to the community years ago instead of being so stubborn about the "vision"

This server is not getting wiped. Dalaya is a new server with a ton of rework being done and active development. Shards is currently unsupported because Jumbers didn't get his way and stormed off in a fit. It's a better outcome for all of us having a clean slate, but its unfortunate how he handled things these past 3 years.

I'm disappointed my dare game thread is gone. I even remembered my old password for nostalgia's sake.

Best of luck on the new endeavor.

It’s very there! Come hang out in the new Dalaya discord. A ton of old and new faces really enjoying the game we have played for years.

Back
Top Bottom