Connection Issues

Wollywack

Dalayan Adventurer
I followed the Steam method on a Windows 10 machine. I keep getting an error that says "a connection to the server could not be reached". It asks me to check my internet, which is definitely working.

Anyone have thoughts? Common errors? Haven't played since about 2014 so everything looks quite different during the login process. New patcher, etc.

Attachments

• sod error (2).PNG
    sod error (2).PNG
    119.9 KB · Views: 7
Don't know if you are still having the problem, I was just able to connect. I've had that error when others were able to play a couple of times and reseting computer and router fixed it.

Don't know if you are still having the problem, I was just able to connect. I've had that error when others were able to play a couple of times and reseting computer and router fixed it.
Thanks, do you happen to know if there's anything about setup that's not included in the steam guide? I know it said a window is supposed to pop up for EQW where you point to the directory again but I didn't get that step... I'm still getting the error but I'm going to try later from somewhere else's internet to see if that might be the issue.

OK turns out it really was just something with the internet connection... so that's semi-promising. But I'm back and logged in so at least I know it wasn't the patcher.

Thanks, do you happen to know if there's anything about setup that's not included in the steam guide? I know it said a window is supposed to pop up for EQW where you point to the directory again but I didn't get that step... I'm still getting the error but I'm going to try later from somewhere else's internet to see if that might be the issue.

Sorry didn't check forums until today; I know EQW is still downloaded, but I don't know if it is used anymore. I didn't get a pop-up for it when installing on a new comp and the game ran for me.

Sorry didn't check forums until today; I know EQW is still downloaded, but I don't know if it is used anymore. I didn't get a pop-up for it when installing on a new comp and the game ran for me.
Yeah, it's working now, I think the instructions maybe just haven't been updated. I think there was just an IP issue with my connection and as long as I'm on wireless it works. I had seen a comment somewhere else that people had issues with IPv6. I have no idea what these things mean but it might be a place to start for other people having this issue.

Back
Top Bottom