Common bugs: how to be prepared for them.

Another bug I have seen quite regularly over the past few days (on multiple computers with different video cards/driver sets, ATI and Nvidia) is "displayed armor" on a char. not being the right color. (Example: Copper armor on a warrior showing up as silver.)

Is usually corrected by the player wearing the item unequipping and reequipping the item.

However, I currently have a character on an account who is shown wearing its armor, but actually has no equipment whatsoever. (The error occurred because I sold the pieces of armor while it was still equipped, and the character is now retired...thus no new items.)

You can get everything but the helm recolored if the displayed armor color is off, and you can get the displayed helm color right to others but not yourself if you /lfg off. This even works through illusionary platemail/chainmail/leather.

about 3 months ago after a whole bunch of chain patches i started crashing A LOT when i zoned, especially when i zone both chars at once. this didnt use to happen and i crashed like once a month. now i crash practically every time i zone, anyone else having this problem?

I and my friends only began playing a few weeks ago, but we have all been experiencing "crashes while zoning" to varying degrees:

Three of us are using the same internet connection, while another is on a "bad satellite" connection.

The satellite connection friend cannot zone without crashing, period. Further, from his observations, if the server approaches 460 users online, he cannot login from the char. select screen into the game either.

The three of us on the same connection, a dsl connection, all crash to varying degrees. (Completely different computer builds for future reference.) I crash while zoning after "extended" play, thus making me think the game is just leaking memory. One person hardly ever crashes, but when they do, they have to reboot because it completely wreaks the computer. Another crashes regularly while zoning.

We have just accepted that the satellite user's problem is the satellite (and will go ahead in a month or two when they move), and that the three of us are just having "normal game issues."

about 3 months ago after a whole bunch of chain patches i started crashing A LOT when i zoned, especially when i zone both chars at once. this didnt use to happen and i crashed like once a month. now i crash practically every time i zone, anyone else having this problem?

The interesting thing about this is that before those patches I was crashing a lot while zoning, now i never crash at all. Nothing was able to help me in the forums and various things were being blamed.
It seems the fix that helped me has hindered you.

We are obviously all about cycling the suffering.

(Have no idea what change did this!)

We reorganized a few of the tables, which would affect the response time from the server (by a few seconds at most). If it's a timing problem, this *could* affect it.

Back
Top Bottom