CM stats showing how much to new area reset

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
Would it be possible to have cm stats give a rough idea how far you are away from your new area reset? I know it's a large amount of exp and I don't think it really needs to say "You are ten billion experience away from a new area reset", but even a rough estimate "You have ten percent left to a new area reset" would be preferable to just going in blind.

It would make people with 0/-10 in all the important zones more willing to exp if they knew their bonuses were about to reset, and will just generally be a nice quality of life change.

I've asked for this several times when slaar was in OOC and it was shot down in nice ways. I do think it would be a good idea to add and they don't really have a good reason to not add it other then not wanting to do the work, since you can already check the exp progress of expable items.

This kind of change would do a number of things for players:

1: what Thade said
2: we would be able to find out exactly how much exp it takes to finish CoP's/tomes
3: some people like to min max so this would allow them to parse exp per hour and find the best exp for them.

I think most people want the xp penalty system completly removed,
not just a cosmetic change.
The whole concept turned out to be not fun,regardless if some
numbers are displayed or not.
If anything should be done about xp messages then we need an option
to filter the spam,my xp capped 55 Pally gets 6 lines,I dont need
to be told everytime I kill a mob that I cant save anymore AAs at my level.

I think most people want the xp penalty system completly removed,
not just a cosmetic change.
The whole concept turned out to be not fun,regardless if some
numbers are displayed or not.
If anything should be done about xp messages then we need an option
to filter the spam,my xp capped 55 Pally gets 6 lines,I dont need
to be told everytime I kill a mob that I cant save anymore AAs at my level.

By most people you mean... you. You post on the forums like you represent a large portion of the server, when in fact you just represent yourself. You write poorly written, poorly supported posts that do nothing a but disservice to the community.

If you don't like the way the server is run, leave. I'm just trying to get the quality of life increased for the people who actually want to be here.

Hrm.

Yeah I think this might be reasonable. Let me think of the best way to do it and talk to the devs.

I still go back and forth over the healer-money reset too. But thats another discussion entirely.

By most people you mean... you. You post on the forums like you represent a large portion of the server, when in fact you just represent yourself.

Yeah,saw that comment coming,usally I try to avoid speaking for others but read the new area bonus thread.

If you don't like the way the server is run, leave. I'm just trying to get the quality of life increased for the people who actually want to be here.

No worries,I dont play much anymore ... as do some other long time players because of the
xp penalties and other nerfs.

Generally what hurts the server is introducing op items/game mechanics then nerf them
some time later,saw 2 UO servers die that way,makes me sad to see SoD taking the same route
cause its the *only* MMORPG left to play after all the commercial ones took the item shop
route.
Ya know there must be a reason,xp penalty system being one of them for sure, the population dropped from 500 to now 200 in the average at peak times on an otherwise great server.
But hey you can always always pretend yourself and say its the dated graphic/UI,holidays,
bad weather,other games and what not just not something being wrong with some game
concepts.

(Re-reading your post I wonder why I even bothered to repsond,nothing like insults
and a childish "go away" statement.)

Last edited:
Was pushed to the backburner with the release of the SoD Pirate Adventure. Likely will have word within the next patch.

Thanks, dev team! :toot: (On a related note, I'm only 2% toward resetting mine. Woe is me!)

Doesnt work for my 55 xp capped pally,but I guess his xp penalties cant reset
anyway,so it doesnt matter. ;)

Thanks for suggesting this Thade, and thanks for implementing it Waldoff. Really great idea!

Back
Top Bottom