Chromatic Focus Effect Suggestions

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
The consensus around the new chromatic spell line is that it remains a little bit underpowered, both in terms of the damage and the rune effect. The focus being weaker than the regular elemental foci seems to reinforce this. Aside from directly buffing the damage on these and/or making the rune scale in some way, I was considering the possibility that these spells could be better supported with the following focus changes:

1. Since the Chromatic Nuke takes the lowest resist as the damage type, allow the chromatic fury focus to stack with the regular elemental focus. This would improve the damage potential and reward itemizing for focus effects.
  2. Add an enhancement to the Chromatic Nuke rune effects with successive ranks of the Chromatic Fury focus.

Personally, I think having a rune that scales - either with damage or with a focus effect - could definitely make up some utility. What do people think?

Chromatic aberration is a regular merchant spell so I think it's okay for it to not be amazing. I took a look at it today and it seems mana wise it's pretty efficient. That being said it falls behind in terms of effectiveness/second which is pretty important, especially as an enc.

I think your idea is cool and helps things scale better which is nice. Even with that I don't think the spell would be competitive with existing spells unless maybe you're a fresh 65 with no relics or the mob is highly magic resistant.

Perhaps if they replaced placid with a relic version of chromatic it would be good? A 25% bump in damage and rune would make it about even in terms of effectiveness/second at a reduced mana cost for losing the choice of more rune or more nuke.

Chromatic aberration is a regular merchant spell so I think it's okay for it to not be amazing. I took a look at it today and it seems mana wise it's pretty efficient. That being said it falls behind in terms of effectiveness/second which is pretty important, especially as an enc.

I think your idea is cool and helps things scale better which is nice. Even with that I don't think the spell would be competitive with existing spells unless maybe you're a fresh 65 with no relics or the mob is highly magic resistant.

Perhaps if they replaced placid with a relic version of chromatic it would be good? A 25% bump in damage and rune would make it about even in terms of effectiveness/second at a reduced mana cost for losing the choice of more rune or more nuke.
With the way enchanters and buffs are right now I really don't want to lose Placid. I was on team replace it before I realized how situationally powerful it can be especially in 6 and 12 man if your team understands how/when to rely on it. Perhaps it can be converted to a regular 60+ droppable spell and we can use the relic slot on something *more* powerful but placid is sneaky really good when you need it.

Back
Top Bottom