Bodytype Bane Damage errors

Tarutao

Staff Emeritus
With an increase of people that care about bane damage (and hence, NPC Bodytype), it'd be nice to have a place to put those ones that just seem like errors.

For example: "The giant brown recluses in Prophet's Landing are marked Insect instead of Arachnid".

We've found and fixed quite a few of these, but there's probably quite a ... "few"... we've missed, and since this isn't something that can be done easily and algorithmically with a computer, it's going to require someone noticing errors. If and when you do, post here!

Djar mobs in ToT are tagged as Dragonkin. Pretty sure they should be Elemental or Humanoid or something.

Last edited:
In Cita the ice spirits that are summoned by the icetalons aren't considered elemental/summoned. Just noticed that disposement can't be cast on them.

The Shard Golems in GD are listed as Monsters; I imagine they should be constructs seeing as their blood is a construct bane imbuing agent

Devouring souls in Kaesora are listed as lesser elementals. They look like the floating black... tadpoles that are undead in Misery.

Beyondlings have the same type. Both names also imply that they are undead and they are in a what seems to be an undead area of the zone.

Last edited:
Scorpikins and scorpions in Darkwoods are listed as Insects. According to wikipedia (don't hate) "Scorpions are predatory arthropod animals of the order Scorpiones within the class Arachnida." This would imply that they would best be listed as Arachnids for body type.

Scorpikins and scorpions in Darkwoods are listed as Insects. According to wikipedia (don't hate) "Scorpions are predatory arthropod animals of the order Scorpiones within the class Arachnida." This would imply that they would best be listed as Arachnids for body type.

+1
Wikipedia or no, scorpions are arachnids and not at all insects, and that's a fact, Jack. Well, IRL anyway.

I recognize the merit of and agree with your semantic argument of the meaning of arachnid. I then reject your suggestion to have scorpions across Dalaya reclassified as Arachnid instead of Insect. We'll stick with Insect for a sense of consistency with certain Devvery guidelines that aren't public knowledge, such as this little gem regarding bodytype classification for newly developed NPCs:

"Insect - Also half-insect monsters like scorpikins"

I suppose that "scorpions are considered Insects in Dalaya" is one of those quirks that will be part of Dalaya.

a tunnel terror in the hmal tentacle tunnel are showing up as Humanoid instead of Monster like the others

Would it be possible to code the NPC type into the Consider message? As in,

"An everchill orc scowls at you, ready to attack. This is a humanoid." Or something.

Man that would be handy.

Back
Top Bottom