Beastlords

Cabbus

Dalayan Beginner
From what I can tell, Vah Shir Beastlords are not allowed to be made in this game. So I assume then that the only "good" race left are the Barbarians?

That is disappointing because I really loved playing the Beastlord class on the pay server. More than any class I have played. And the one race I can't stand to play is the Barbarian (no offense to anyone who plays one).

It would be nice if there was another choice as a "good" race to play Beastlord since Vah Shir aren't allowed. Or a neutral race. Personally I think the Vah Shir have the best looking pets.

I had tried making an Iksar Beastlord in this game, but quickly discovered what few merchants he can buy/sell from. Plus I don't like playing an evil race.

No flames please.

Vah Shir arent enabled on the server. As far as playing a "good" or "evil" race I've never really encounter many problems. Any city you start out in will obviously sell to you, and all of the big cities atleast in my expirience will sell to me no matter what my race is...

Furthermore, SoD has an independent alignment system based on your actions. My friend is an extremely evil, extremely chaotic halfling druid.

Jamen said:
Vah Shir arent enabled on the server. As far as playing a "good" or "evil" race I've never really encounter many problems. Any city you start out in will obviously sell to you, and all of the big cities atleast in my expirience will sell to me no matter what my race is...
Well I did run around to several cities while I had sow on to see if I could sell/buy from merchants.

Are you able to buy/sell in Newport? I ran through the whole city and couldn't find a single merchant... they all viewed me as dubiously. And couldn't sell to anyone inside or outside Akanon. Or anyone in the Butcherblock zone (I forget what its called here). I ran to the Wood Elf trees but there were no merchants there at all, and none in Rivervale.

(Sorry if I am using the wrong names, I can't remember all the name changes).

I like teaming with my brother who plays once in a while, and wanted to fight in the "good" zones. He plays a gnome.

Kelethin isn't populated right now, RV only has people in it at night, and I have never had a problem selling to anybody in Newport (having a Dark Elf and having played a Troll also).

Jamen said:
Kelethin isn't populated right now, RV only has people in it at night, and I have never had a problem selling to anybody in Newport (having a Dark Elf and having played a Troll also).
That is very interesting. And doesn't make sense why I am not able to. Maybe I did something wrong. Unless Iksar aren't liked at more places?

Ogres aren't even evil.

Iksar and Troll are the only real "evil" races, and they're more isolationist and xenophobic than regular fantasy rar rar evil

Any race can buy/sell in Newport if they work on Newport faction....Doing the NP ring quest...doing turn in's such as: gnoll ears, bandit heads, liodreth heads, EC orc ears. Also, you can do the mini quests in the Badlands for Lion Blood and Spider tarsus'. These will all raise your faction with Newport citizens and once you are at least indifferent you can then buy and sell with Newport citizens. I wouldn't go near the Pally/Cleric guild though :p

As an aside...should you choose to not do the Newport factioning(as I have)...My Ogre Beastlord is able to buy/sell in the following places: Oggok, Athica, Grobb, Rivervale(night),Stormkeep, and Thurgadin(day). Oggok and Athica are the only 2 cities I know of, however, that accept trading from all races without having to do anything at all. Rivervale and Thurgadin have simple quests/turn-ins that can be done at higher levels to gain access/faction pretty quickly.

Once you have either Giant or Dragon faction, you will also be able to sell/bank in the city of your aligned choice.

The North Badlands turn-ins (spider tarsus, lion cub paw, lion skin) do not give faction, only exp and cash.

You can get enough faction to sell in any non-kos city... and there aren't that many KoS cities on the game... as a high elf cleric (giant ally) I'm only KoS on Grobb and Dragonhorn Keep... and I'm Highly Evil... (yes, a high elf cleric can be highly evil in SoD)...

Oh, also KoS in surefal, but that's mostly my fault... them trees were pissing me... but, even then, there are ways to recover that faction... Just for fun:

You can factio to sell to:

Kragyxx (badlands)
Goblins (RSM)
Rivervale
Newport
Halas
Underhill
Athica
Erimal (main quest)
Erudin
Newport Sewers
Oggok
Grobb
Sadri Malath
Outpost (Sundered mountains)
Dragonhorn Keep
Storkeep
Surefall Glade
Thurgardin
Heartland Plateau (main quest)
And enclaves depending on your chosen faction

You can faction to bank in:

Rivervale
Stormkeep
Dragonhorn Keep
Thurgardin (not sure atm)
Goblins (RSM)
Athica
Underhill
Erudin
Oggok
Grobb
Newport
Hallas
Erimal

As you may have noticed, some of those places are not starting cities... one of them, is even a dungeon. So don't go worring about not being able to sell.

I am not 100% positive, but I am extremely confident anybody can sell at the night-time dock market in Newport, because as far as I know, they are not on the regular citisens faction. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure otherwise.

An easy way to up your faction with Newport is via giant beetle legs (not regular beetle legs), rat tails, sewer ratman hoods, and sewer ratman tails. The first three can be turned in, two at a time, to Guardsman Burke at the gate (a maximum of ten pairs each), while the sewer ratman tails can be handed to the Sergeant found near the sewer entrance in front of the bank. can be attained by a level three easily. The ratman can take you up to level 8 or 9, easily, too, since they come in two strengths.

PS: I can't cast rez, I swear it! I didn't do it!

Back
Top Bottom