Beastlord Third Tome

darksabbath

Dalayan Master
Beastial Frenzy
Gives the beastlord a 5/7.5/10/12.5% chance to flurry, and adds 1/2/3/4% crit chance, but only while he/she has an active warder.

So, I haven't seen any suggestions for this in ages, and I thought I would toss an idea out, and get the conversation started, at least. The first two class tomes are pet boosters, by and large. So I am proposing something that would boost the bst's dps, while still incorporating the pet aspect of the class. This would give the beastlord a nice dps boost, as long as they can keep their pet alive (which can be tricky during the heavy aoe's of many raid bosses).

this seems way more powerful then the bard tome, which heavily restricts song options. I mean, I can see wanting to add to your dps, but maybe something with a lower proc rate/not adding crit chance.

Straight increases are so boring. I thought class tomes were moving toward funkier effects? Maybe something that adds functionality to those pet proc buffs or any of the bazillion activated AAs bsts have?

One tome for bard limits one of your bard buff song selections. The other two are independent completely. Meanwhile, this suggestion adds a third tome for the beastlord which is dependent on their pet. But the numbers could certainly be tweaked, and I fully expected they would be, actually.
I am not sure what "funkier effects" you mean Donfolster, looking at the list, most are tied in pretty directly with the class. And the "funkier" ones (queen bee tome, exploding sk pet, cleric condemn tome for example) seem to be disliked by most. And with both existing tomes already directly pet based, I really would want the third to be something for the actual beastlord, not for the pet (like something for the pet proc buff). As for activated AA's, beastlord have four activated aa's, 2 are pet based (mend, and spirit speed), paragon, and frenzy. Any tome affecting those would amount to more boring, straight increases. But I for one, welcome any more exact suggestions you might have.

I am not voicing approval of the funkier effects, just pointing out that is the direction tomes appear to be headed in. I vaguely recall a thread about this and some member of staff saying something along those lines, but I might just be lying to cover my own ass. If I had to "give it the ol' college try" here are some funky, possibly groovy, tome ideas given with no concept whatsoever of what tome level BSTs want or need:

Tome of Fuck These Durations: Makes Spirit Speed, CotB, and anything else I missed have a much longer, less annoying, duration.
Tome of I Thought We Were Half Monks: Gives BSTs an offensive stance better than /2
Tome of Paragon for All: Raid wide Paragon
Tome of Man Bear Pig: When the BST does NOT have a warder out something amazing happens. Maybe the BST has to voluntarily dismiss the pet for a medium duration (1-5 min?) self buff that does really cool things. With the powers of 1/2 man, 1/2 bear, and 1/2 pig the BST could enjoy ~1 minute of pure badassery at the end of which they are left with no pet, zero mana, and lingering feelings of regret.
Tome of Anger Seizures: random chance to proc Frenzy of Spirit on melee attack. much lower, but still existent, change to proc some hilariously detrimental effect like trying to eat a cleric

1 minute of pure badassery at the end of which they are left with no pet, zero mana, and lingering feelings of regret.
This sounds like some good old whippets fun, or an extremely compact yet frenzied night of boozing.

Currently, the biggest problem with Third Beastlord Tome is that it simply isn't in the database. :eek: For whatever reason, it's the one and only class tome that somehow was never actually implemented even in placeholder form! I'd clamor for this if I were a BST, because for years now there has been no way even to acquire the placeholder version to hold onto, whereas all the other classes have had the opportunity to save theirs for a long period of time up until their placeholders were gradually replaced with real tomes.

Here's my idea for tome 3. Basically no increase to dps for the beastlord. Just a change to get rid of the recourse effect from Bitter Cold that takes up a buff slot. Synergizes the beastlord with dotting classes. Small bump utility for other class with dots. Progressional dps upgrade. Essentially instead of a 48% recourse effect, you get 40% thru tomes and the last 8% is a debuff on mob that helps other dotters plus yourself.

Beastlord Tome 3
Rank 1: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 10%
Rank 2: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 20%
Rank 3: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 30%
Rank 4: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 40%

Harsh Winter
Decrease Hit Points by 430
Debuff
Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 4%

Bitter Cold
Correct spell placement from Damage over Time (Magic) to Direct Damage (Cold)
Correct spell type from Conjuration to Evocation
Decrease Hit Points by 650
Debuff
Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 8%

Tome of Fuck These Durations: Makes Spirit Speed, CotB, and anything else I missed have a much longer, less annoying, duration.
Tome of I Thought We Were Half Monks: Gives BSTs an offensive stance better than /2
Tome of Anger Seizures: random chance to proc Frenzy of Spirit on melee attack. much lower, but still existent, change to proc some hilariously detrimental effect like trying to eat a cleric

I could sure get behind those. A tome that does increased duration and stats for Cunning, Savagery(this would be the one you missed), & Spirit frenzy would be pretty cool.
I would love a stance revamp(dropped by Zaela because some cried of losing S7), or the addition of a better dps stance would be great. Our only alternate to S2 is S5, and that is a steaming pile of dog doo that uses stamina far too quickly.
Clerics are tasty, especially with hot sauce!

Here's my idea for tome 3. Basically no increase to dps for the beastlord. Just a change to get rid of the recourse effect from Bitter Cold that takes up a buff slot. Synergizes the beastlord with dotting classes. Small bump utility for other class with dots. Progressional dps upgrade. Essentially instead of a 48% recourse effect, you get 40% thru tomes and the last 8% is a debuff on mob that helps other dotters plus yourself.

Beastlord Tome 3
Rank 1: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 10%
Rank 2: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 20%
Rank 3: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 30%
Rank 4: Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 40%

Harsh Winter
Decrease Hit Points by 430
Debuff
Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 4%

Bitter Cold
Correct spell placement from Damage over Time (Magic) to Direct Damage (Cold)
Correct spell type from Conjuration to Evocation
Decrease Hit Points by 650
Debuff
Increase Spell Damage from Damage over Time spells by 8%

I both like, and dislike, this idea. I love the idea of losing the buff-slot hogging recourse effect, and of making us more group viable. I dislike it because most will never see that third and fourth tome to put our damage back where it sits now (if we use the spells as is). That, and I would have to change out my spell slots to take advantage of it better. WTB more spell slots...

Currently, the biggest problem with Third Beastlord Tome is that it simply isn't in the database. :eek: For whatever reason, it's the one and only class tome that somehow was never actually implemented even in placeholder form! I'd clamor for this if I were a BST, because for years now there has been no way even to acquire the placeholder version to hold onto, whereas all the other classes have had the opportunity to save theirs for a long period of time up until their placeholders were gradually replaced with real tomes.
Almost missed this one. Yes, i saw for the wiki that it doesn't even exist in placeholder form yet. But I figured, why stop at asking for the ph.. start a discusion, and see if we can just get a working tome implemented instead.

Since Beastlords are half Monks they should get a combo!
Tome of the Ultimate Combo: Roundkick, Roundkick, Roundkick now does something.
I am not a fan of combos, but this would be pretty cool and I introduced the idea without a single Chuck Norris or Jean Claude VD joke which is pretty amazing.

The monk combo system is unfinished and nobody wants to touch it, which is a shame because it could have been pretty cool. I don't think BSTs are likely to get that, although I think it could be cool depending on what it does. Bst combat isn't all that involved so having a reason to do kicks other than boot procs would be good.

It would make sense for the beast to be able to use a death save on the beastlord if it dies while the pet is up. Like Bingo racing into the burning building to save his kid-lord.

beastlords are suppose to be utility like bards, except we have less utility and at the high end do slightly less damage in most situations. A combat tome would be nice for helping us keep up with every other on tier dps, since beastlord are in most cases at the bottom of the list (thanks pet scaling/lack there of).

Tome of bloodlust: Beastlord and pet gains attack speed while continuously attacking the same target.
rank 1: 1% overhaste per tick. max 50%.
rank 2: 2% overhaste per tick. max 50%.
rank 3: 2% overhaste per tick. max 100%.
rank 4: 4% overhaste per tick. max 100%.

Tome of Forced Evolution: There is a .4/.6/.8/1% chance every time the Beastlord deals damage to a target proc boon and vulfwere on himself, and a .4/.6/.8/1% chance every time his companion deals damage to a target for it to proc aspect of the Lujein on itself.

Since Beastlords are half Monks they should get a combo!
Tome of the Ultimate Combo: Roundkick, Roundkick, Roundkick now does something.
I am not a fan of combos, but this would be pretty cool and I introduced the idea without a single Chuck Norris or Jean Claude VD joke which is pretty amazing.
The problem is, we don't get any of those kicks and other special attacks. Just normal kick. Not sure they can do code for a tome to give those other special attacks.

beastlords are suppose to be utility like bards, except we have less utility and at the high end do slightly less damage in most situations. A combat tome would be nice for helping us keep up with every other on tier dps, since beastlord are in most cases at the bottom of the list (thanks pet scaling/lack there of).

^OMG so much this. That is why another tome that boosts the pet isn't what we need, but one that actually boosts the beastlord dps. (Or his utility to boost dps, like Hyoren suggested.)

Bestial Mourning

After witnessing his companion fall in battle, the beastlords blood courses with bestial mourning, increasing all beastlord damage by 10/15/20/25% for two minutes.

(make beastlords blow less w/o a pet)

Back
Top Bottom