Bard Starting Stats

Itayen

Dalayan Beginner
Hi, I've played SoD on and off for a while, and have recently been motivated to once again pick it up. After scouring the forum and wiki I have decided I am going to be playing a Bard. I am planning on taking this character "all the way" and in order to be at peace in my mind I would like to maximize my starting stats. Unfortunately, after looking through every post that deals with the "right" Bard starting statistics I am torn between Dex, Cha, and Sta. So I am hoping to solve this problem once and for all.

Based on your experience, as a bard or as a player, which stat(s) should I dump my points into?

Thanks,
Itayen

Hi, I've played SoD on and off for a while, and have recently been motivated to once again pick it up. After scouring the forum and wiki I have decided I am going to be playing a Bard. I am planning on taking this character "all the way" and in order to be at peace in my mind I would like to maximize my starting stats. Unfortunately, after looking through every post that deals with the "right" Bard starting statistics I am torn between Dex, Cha, and Sta. So I am hoping to solve this problem once and for all.

Based on your experience, as a bard or as a player, which stat(s) should I dump my points into?

Thanks,
Itayen

Dex = chance to hit. That's it. Bards only get dual wield, so this isn't crucial.

Cha = chance to land spells. This is a good one as even at the high end you won't be maxxing this for awhile.

Sta = hp. This is going to be the most difficult to max, and probably the best in the long-long-long term, but I would still choose cha.

Cha, landing your songs on enemies will be 75% of your existance as a bard. (The other 25% is your group buff songs.)
Dex is quite easy to raise. And all the Sta in the world won't make much difference to a bard.

Cha, landing your songs on enemies will be 75% of your existance as a bard. (The other 25% is your group buff songs.)
Dex is quite easy to raise. And all the Sta in the world won't make much difference to a bard.

Sta makes a huge difference but not while leveling. Cha dump, left overs in dex (less missed notes is win)

I forgot about the dex affecting missed notes. (It's been that long, lol.) I don't miss too many, and of those 3 stats, that one is my worst. Just the way the gear has worked out.
Sta is nice, but bards don't get as much gain from it as the other plate classes, or even compared to other dps melees. That's why it takes a backseat imo. Far more can be gained by landing your dots/nukes/slows/mezzes, and not having missed notes, than having a few extra hp. Though.. those hp are nice when mez fails. Don't let the plate fool you though, I am not a tank. An extra few hp don't mean much when the mob is hitting for 200+ anyways.

charisma or agility if you want to go "all the way" those are the hardest to max out as a bard i find. look at the top 5 bards and which stat is their lowest - thats the one you should spend points on.

I went charisma but been wondering if agi mightve been better because theres less agi on the items it seems. but charisma is the best choice overall. its the most important bard stat and also one of the harder to max out. good choice for the casual and the hardcore player

Back
Top Bottom