Bard Kiting

Bufflover

Dalayan Beginner
ok i just made a bard....and then the patcher started (has anyone been able to log in as of 1202 am estern time august 30th?)

So anyway my bard is level one, and i intend on leveling through quests, but have questions about how to solo him higher level.

how do i AE kite?
does anyone have some good SoD bard links?

Thanks in advance :keke:

This thread helped me a lot when I began kiting.

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=7918.0

What I do when I kite is:

1: From first person view scroll out with rolley-bar thingie on top of mouse
2: Get mobs following you
3: Adjust your view so that you see a top down view- This allows you to see your following mobs much easier- You may have to move your UI so that it doesn't cover up the bottom corners of the screen.
4: Hit auto run
5: Tap left or right turn depending on your style to run in a circle
6: If the mobs stay on your screen, it is far easier to keep the mobs in range and not screw up your circles.
7: Don't die. Try and relax but don't screw up.

Play selo's and regen song in your melody.
Twist DDD and chords of disonance. CoD almost never resists so play DDD far more than CoD so you'll be able to land DDD. I twist 2x or 3x DDD then 1x CoD then repeat.

When you're in the top down view you cannot see more than a little ways infront of yourself so it helps to have a terrain object to circle around. A single tree, brown spot on the ground, or corpse works well. It also helps a lot to circle on level ground.

Rember, the maximum number of mobs you can hit with your aoe at a single time is 6 so there's no need to kite more than 6 at one time.

Some specific comments on a camp I've done a lot:

"Eastern Badlands, by zone to Gorge of Oneeye: Greater Zombies. Level 30-36."

There's 2 different camps of zombies in this zone. The one by the Gorge zone has 6 zombies + an adept mob.

The other camp has 7(I think it's 7, it may be 8 but I know it's more than 6) zombies and during the night hours there are 2(or 3, I forget) dogs that spawn which are a few levels higher than the zombies.

Respawn on the zombies is 10 minutes. When you get good you should be able to kite non stop and kill 6 mobs per camp per spawn.

Hope this helps,

Ralexia 36th bard

Back
Top Bottom