AUGMENTS

shebearcub

Dalayan Beginner
I would like to see required levels added and/or raised for each type of augment. Right now they max at lvl 20, whereas the stats they give are "worth" much more then that. The lower raid level gear adds 50 mana and up, and were giving level 20 players up to 30 mana if they have the cash to get it. This both devalues the augment itself but also the gear that we work so hard to get breaking into the raid levels.

Also the difference of say 6 mana from Hq to ExQ in tailoring is a small jump relatively but the value of the HQ aug is a very small percentage, however a consistant required level from the lowest to the highest level augs would keep the value (hopefully) around the levels of the players that can use them.

I think adding a reqired level at the top augment levels at 60, and then making the others relative to that down to the lowest level augs would help keep the augment market values good - but also make the lower level augments useful for more then skilling up tradeskills, and keep the stats available to upgrade a bit more balanced to the levels that can use them.

I don't see the problem really:
1st, the lowbies have to have the money for an aug, and if they arent twinks they dont have it.
2nd, IF they have the money, its not very likely that they buy ExQ Augs at all: for the money you pay for an ExQ Aug, you can have 2-3 HQ Augs, and lvl20ish gear honestly isnt worth being ExQ auged.
3rd, true, entrance level raid gear gives +50 mana. Also true: part of it is droppable and even cheaper then some Augs (Hi Lenny...)

And from what I can tell, there is a market for lower tier Augs by now. This market is mainly formed from new players who don't have much money, and I personally like the idea that they can get cheap augs at any level.

Summed up: I think i can see where you come from, no rec. level on augs is a great thing for twinking. But since most items being worth to twink with have a rec. level allready, I see no need for this change.

I think this may be along the lines of gear having had it's rec level reviewed. I really could see HQ and ExQ augs having their level bumped up from 20 to being 30 and 40 respectively. Think of all the gear that is considered to powerful and too easy to use to level a twink and had the Rec levels put on. In that perspective, this makes absolute sense.

(hope I was clear enough in that, looks a bit rambling)

Hrm, I could definitely see a review in order for recommended level, but not required. I'll see what everyone thinks.

I think as a Tradeskiller, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Low end augment prices aren't going to raise with this change.

Demand for high end augments will fall, because people won't be equipping their twinks with them.

While I agree that the augment levels could use a little tweak (nothing as severe as your suggestion - seeing as a character could be below level 60 and be able to make the augs), I think it's just going to decrease the amount of augments bought...

Of course, if its all just recommended levels and not required, I don't really see much of anything changing. Twinks will still be twinked, just with a few less hp/ac/mana until they spend the few days neccesary to breeze into their 60s.

Yeah after talking with all of the content designers, we pretty much unanimously agreed that there really isn't a need for a higher recommended level. The higher quality augments are priced to the point of it really deterring twinks just based on the player economy. If you can offer substantial proof of this being a problem, then I'll put it up for review again, but until then we can't find a need for it, and it would actually negatively impact the economy(think of the level 20's that have made nice amounts of plat through selling various items that may want to buy one).

Back
Top Bottom