Arrowmaking Rig

brasileira

Dalayan Elder
Im here to suggest upping the damage to the arrow from this item.

Arrowmaking Rig
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: BACK
AC: 18
Effect: Summon Arrows (Must Equip. Casting Time: 1.5)
STR: +5 DEX: +15 STA: +15 CHA: +5 WIS: +10 AGI:+5
HP: +25 MANA: +25
Critical Strike: +1%
Recommended level of 40.

It summons damage 1 arrows.

• Item from nightmare summons damage 9 arrows (4 stacks) and have long recast
  • Huntsman Bracelet summons also damage 1 arrows

What you need to get these items:

• Kill named in PoN
  • Kill Named in SK (It will mess with faction ALOT)
  • Arrowmaking Rig - Complet the Vah's Quest until after the 4 guys from EC, FG, FR and HHK - It means kill stuff in Mielc, Lasanth and Sorc Lab, then Rust, then Sirens Grotto, then all 4 zones. Plus then kill stuff in EC, Rust and FR again (which are uncomon drops, but again you will need faction inside Rust to gather it)

So as to my opinion you need alot more effort for the Arrowmaking Rig as all the other items (which also have nice stats)

Maybe a good option would make all the existent arrow summoning items, summon different types of arrows.

So my suggestion is to make the arrows a damage 3 arrow, same as the mage summoning. Because of the effort vs reward based on the other summoning items.

You can't count all the prereq quests as part of the work for Arrowmaking Rig because they also provide access to other quests. When balancing this item, only include the final collection quest--the item from rust, FR, and EC.

That said, I'm certainly not against improving this item. It was designed before the fletching revamp and isn't nearly as good nowadays.

Thinkmeats said:
You can't count all the prereq quests as part of the work for Arrowmaking Rig because they also provide access to other quests. When balancing this item, only include the final collection quest--the item from rust, FR, and EC.

That said, I'm certainly not against improving this item. It was designed before the fletching revamp and isn't nearly as good nowadays.
Well this was the argument i went thru a friend... He said the same thing, but i counter-argued about raids.

And yes, the fletching isnt revamped, and still, there plenty of minors bugs with the combines n such. Would be nice to have dmg 3 on those arrows

I would say if anything, the work required for the arrowmaking rig deserves at best 3 dmg arrows, and it would certainly fill a large gap.

Which revamp? The oldest i known, Maimais was going to do it, and since then no one ever did it (amirite?)

If you stop to think rangers are the only that "spend" money to raid, with bow dmg. And that fletching TS still need alot of patience and money to "find" the combines. And theres not even a differente arrow, only damage that are different.

So there are only a few way to get arrrows.

TS
Vendor
Mage
3x Clickies. (2 clickies give 1 dmg arrow and 1 give 9 dmg arrows with long recast) - I just think that the arrow clickies should have different types.

brasileira said:
If you stop to think rangers are the only that "spend" money to raid, with bow dmg.

Not necessarily true since other classes spend money on mana pots, resist pots, Rekaj, or reagents to their spells.

Not saying that the damage on this clicky should not be upped, just saying that this argument is not the route I would take.

brasileira said:
Arrowmaking Rig
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: BACK
AC: 18
Effect: Summon Arrows (Must Equip. Casting Time: 1.5)
STR: +5 DEX: +15 STA: +15 CHA: +5 WIS: +10 AGI:+5
HP: +25 MANA: +25
Critical Strike: +1%
Recommended level of 40.

I've never heard of this item before this thread. Is this part of the new vah quest? If so, how far in is it?

brasileira said:
Which revamp? The oldest i known, Maimais was going to do it, and since then no one ever did it (amirite?)

If you stop to think rangers are the only that "spend" money to raid, with bow dmg. And that fletching TS still need alot of patience and money to "find" the combines. And theres not even a differente arrow, only damage that are different.

So there are only a few way to get arrrows.

TS
Vendor
Mage
3x Clickies. (2 clickies give 1 dmg arrow and 1 give 9 dmg arrows with long recast) - I just think that the arrow clickies should have different types.

This seems better than 9 dmg to me.

Summoned: Nightmare Arrow
MAGIC ITEM NO DROP NO RENT
Slot: AMMO
DMG: 10
Weight: 0.0 Range: 250 Size: Small
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BRD ROG
Race: ALL

To me these long recast clicky arrows are pretty bad ass. Not saying that some progression in clickies wouldn't be bad, but just clarifying the dmg on them.

Spiritplx said:
Not necessarily true since other classes spend money on mana pots, resist pots, Rekaj, or reagents to their spells.

Not saying that the damage on this clicky should not be upped, just saying that this argument is not the route I would take.
Well the argument is not to increase was just an add-on.

But if you stop to think it is the only one that spend money on grp/raid.

Aego, ok aego is one of the spells that really need to spend into peridots, but there is always rcon AND is raid-wide benefit.
Rune, Spellskin are just add-ons to the characters. Not the main thing.

But using arrows to bow around is the "main thing" for rangers, or they wont do any good dps.

And Tempus Ty, it is dmg 10 arrows really. And a scale/progession up for arrows clickies would be nice, until we get fletchin TS fully implemented.

Would it be nice to be higher? Yes.
Was the quest even remotely hard? No.
Does the quest take a long time? No. You're looking at probably 6 hours duo tops.

Pretty sure I finished the first rig. In my opinion the time / effort involved (of this step, not the quest series up to the point that opens it) 1 damage seems fine.
That said, I'd love to see a second step implemented that did something else to make the arrows better.

An additional step to the quest sounds like a great idea. Not sure if TM really has the time for that right now, but having an additional two steps resulting in damage 2 and then damage 3 arrows would be pretty cool. Good idea~

Bump

Anyone know the new stats on the Arrowmaking Rig since it has apparently been upgraded?

Thx! :toot:

Back
Top Bottom