AoD and bards

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
Is it possible to make AoD work for bard songs/dds?

This would be considerably better than GoG for a bard (like 3x as effective actually) and would give something for an enchanter to actually cast on a bard in a group/6 man.

Is it possible to make AoD work for bard songs/dds?

This would be considerably better than GoG for a bard (like 3x as effective actually) and would give something for an enchanter to actually cast on a bard in a group/6 man.

Just for arguments sake, Aod 450 mana at 3 tics. I think you'd probably still get gogged in xp groups for the 350 mana at 4 tics if they're trying to do it in any type of sustainable manner, I mean you are a bard after all not a wiz/nec. It would be cool for 6 mans though if you wanted to make bards and enchanters stack better with each other for anything you might want to burn.

AoD would add more to a bards DPS than GoG does so what you are saying makes no sense, if the enchanter (you) would rather cast a less effective spell because it costs less mana, but will probably cost more mana over the long run (recasts, longer fights etc) because it is not as effective then you're being lazy/bad

AoD would add more to a bards DPS than GoG does so what you are saying makes no sense, if the enchanter (you) would rather cast a less effective spell because it costs less mana, but will probably cost more mana over the long run (recasts, longer fights etc) because it is not as effective then you're being lazy/bad

Go AoD 2 -wizards- in an xp setting even with one of the best geared enc's on the server and you'll come to the conclusion that AoD isn't really sustainable, and therefore not worth casting in the same manner GoG is used. Its instead a bust-out-the-deeps spell. Surely I'm not going to go wastefully blow mana for AoD on a bard in that scenario if I'm not going to on a wizard. Your beef seems to be with that I said to GoG instead, which I'll agree is just as much not worth it. In any case I wasn't disagreeing with the op that it'd be a good change, rather just pointing out that AoD isn't exactly to casters what GoG is to melee's. The mana cost and duration really make you think about when to use it rather than throwing it up on 3 targets on rotation and going oom around when the rest of the group does.

will probably cost more mana over the long run
10k if you prove this via parsers if this ever gets changed

Back
Top Bottom