Ancestral Mask of the Tal'Yan

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
Wiki - Walkthrough

Well I've done this quest and here are a few things that I thought were not right.
1. Why did I have to camp Tylazik's Remains more than once? That makes no sense. I’ve got a raid together for the next part and only then did I find out that I have to camp the remains once again...
2. Lenny The Gargantuan camp is awful. He is dead within 5 min of when he is up for whatever the reasons are and is close to impossible to catch up to get the quest piece. If possible would have been great to see a spawn-able version of him that drops just the quest piece.
3. Camping mutilated stuff is insanely boring. I mean this is a high level quest that up to this point almost exclusively required help from a 60+ group. What I had to do here is run around, alone, in the maze for 6 hours doing “/pet attack” on con green mobs. No challenge. Nothing other than a time sink. IMO SoD has never followed this line of reasoning that was frequently offered in the original game and drove me personally to quit.
4. Once you have Orb of Green Matter it would be lovely to have it so it doesn't disappear once you spawn Yaralith The Forgotten. What if you fail on the fight for whatever the reason? Be it due to a patch, real life, lack of info on the mob, etc… one would have to redo the whole quest which requires a great many hours of effort with zero intermediate rewards. IMO what should happen here is the Orb of Green Matter spawns Yaralith then when you kill him the only loot he should drop would be some kind of quest item that when turned in along with the orb nets the reward.
BTW s after completing everything up to the point of killing Yaralith I spawned him attempted him and wiped even thought I had 18ppl in zone mostly 65 and AA as well as a good tank. I mean this is not a straight forward fight and there is no information on the difficulty or the strategy available anywhere. I think it should be expected that raid wipes a few times but the item is a goner unless Yaralith is killed. Due to real life issues I couldn't play long enough to kill him in next little while he was up for 2 days until next patch reset him. So now I am SOL. I'd like to know if developers deem this working as intended or can something be done to help me complete this quest.

Thank you for lots of fun quests and to whole SoD staff for awesome game.

Drotic/Buka

Drotic said:
Wiki - Walkthrough

2. Lenny The Gargantuan camp is awful. He is dead within 5 min of when he is up for whatever the reasons are and close to impossible to catch to get the quest piece. If possible would have been great to see a spawn-able version of him that drops just the quest piece.

Did his loot go no drop as of the last patch? Due to his very open and easy to reach nature I'd advocate a change in that direction.

It did go no drop. Drotic was out of game when it got changed. But I think Lenny is still farmed like hell lol

Having spent 60+ hours camping the parts for this quest I would very much be on board for anything that would stop the "all or Nothing" parts of this quest.

So Totaly Signed on with Drotic

Even though this mask is no longer considered an epic, it is still on that level as a quest. The reward is amazing (10% extra from your base slow is pretty big imo) and merits a quest that requires you to put innumberable hours in. Therefore, I see no reason to make this quest any easier with regards to like the mutilated camps and Lenny; you shouldn't expect it to practically be handed to you. The only part that I'm not very biased about is the orb. I can agree that making it not poof due to a wipe would be nice, but again at the same time, the very nature of this quest almost necessitates that. The only problem with the latter statement is that your getting the mask now rests in the hands of the raid, so this part of the quest isn't completely in your control. Nonetheless, if you fail due to server crash, repatch, etc., I'm sure you can petition to get the orb back.

I dont think he was asking for the multlated part to be easyer.. just more.. intersting.

Killing Greenies for 10+ hours is not fun.. its border line insanity. Lenny it definitely a crunch point, but with the new no drop I think this won't be nearly as big of a problem.

the mutilated is not "hard". I am all for having a hard quest. Put the quest drops in the zone I get xp in make it drop off lvl 70 mob. I don't care but mutilated is not hard it just sucks.

Back
Top Bottom