Altar of Bones - 2 million platinum bounty

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
<Loot Associates> is putting up a bounty on the Altar of Bones event, collectible from now to July 9th (meaning once the clock rolls to July 10th in New York, offer is no longer valid), under the following conditions:

1.) The mob remains unchanged from our last kill (Saturday June 20th)

2.) Don't exploit. This one is a given. Having your necromancer commit turtle genocide while fighting the mob is not a valid strategy.

3.) Provide a kill video to the public (starts before engage, ends after mob is dead + loot linked) from the PoV of someone who:
a.) Lives the entire fight
b.) Isnt the designated coffin bitch (if you opt to use that strat)
c.) Must have all voice comms audible.
streaming would be preferred, but theres no bonus for it and no penalty for only providing a video.

4.) Do it without the help of someone who has killed the encounter before.

If you fail to meet ALL of the conditions listed above, you will not receive a payout.

<Loot Associates> will not kill the mob during this time period as long as it remains unchanged. Prize money goes to the guild / raid leader of whoever kills it. It is up to them to distribute it how they see fit to the rest of their raiders.

Prize Pool Total: 2 million platinum
Contributors:
Lleoc - 650k
Ekyu - 500k
Erude - 250k
Juff - 100k
Grimp - 100k
Kaldon - 100k
Fendyr - 100k
Tore - 50k
Daenar - 50k
Wulamdar - 50k
Shuks - 20k
Draeos - 20k
Tevinter - 10k

Last edited:
This is a great opportunity to try new content, stretch your arms out a bit. Have some fun on the beach. Plus now you get paid??? What a steal.

(if nobody tries it in two weeks I don't want to hear any more bitching about LA monopolizing high tier content, thanks)

Kudos to you guys for putting your money where your mouth is. Hopefully we'll see some people step up.

this means 'lake is up friends, it's time to rally your forces and slay the spooky monsters'

bring your towel and some meat, hit the beach for a party boys and girls

Erude taking his contribution from 100k -> 250k.

Lleoc contributing 650k to the prize pool to bring it up to 2 million.

Just one little kill video.

So, I don't really play the game... so can someone tell me what is going on? How close am I in what I can read between the lines...?

Loot Associates dominates raid content, right? I am guessing the next highest guild is at least 2 major bosses behind? The other guilds often complain they can't progress because this guild who has everything on lockdown dominates the content. There is no time to learn the fight for lower guilds. I am unsure why this offer came about, but I assume either the LA have some key player unable to play or got fed up with lower guilds blaming them for lack of progression?

How accurate was that from someone who knows nothing about the LA or current guilds on the server?

i think it got started with a combination of everyone hating the fight and marthog claiming the loot and fight should be nerfed so that his guild can kill it.

Pretty much. Also the whole 'oh it doesn't have a key' thing made think of another fight with a long involved key quest and annoying trash that drops one piece of loot and any attempt to get two on it like normal raid mobs was met with stonewalling. Then I got even more annoyed.

people always complaining we do new content then lock it down and then get to use the loot from it and nobody else does for months. this is us giving them an opportunity to get free attempts at a new boss. get your rogues one of the most disgusting weapons ever released. maybe posting draeos parses with him using that dagger would've been the real incentive.

like others have said this is also a just a relatively frustrating mob with a trigger phase followed random mechanics and constantly having to hold dps.

plus we find seeing another guilds raid with voice comms highly amusing. if you know, you know.

Where do the other guilds stack up for progression? Have any cleared all the way up to this boss, or are they severely under-powered due to being a few bosses behind?

Where do the other guilds stack up for progression? Have any cleared all the way up to this boss, or are they severely under-powered due to being a few bosses behind?
this is a standalone boss in Lake of Ill Omen. The gear check on it is incredibly lenient, its mostly a test of execution. Gear doesn't save you from getting 1 shot.

Gear is always a factor. Have they been trying the boss?
if you dodge all of the mechanics you can self heal through the damage on any class. our undergeared cleric who had minimal exposure to the fight finished with 40m. we've finished the mob with 3 healers alive for half the fight. we'll have 12 players alive, one of which is off in narnia and still need to hold dps. gear doesnt save you from getting ran over by spectres or skulls. when i say this fight is a lenient gear check, i mean it is a VERY lenient.

Its July 10th. Not sure if any guilds gave it a serious effort but the mob is still going to be untouched for a bit.

Posting a video of my really bad melee / coffin bitch PoV once I'm home later this weekend.

Props to whoever gave it an honest try, it's good to try new things.

No props to people who believed this was all an insane conspiracy theory to get the fight nerfed??? You are a pawn, congratulations, you played yourself.

Back
Top Bottom