Adding tomes to Crumbling maps

lynnettell

Dalayan Elder
I completely understand lorewise why the Gleaming Vah sword thing should never be on Crumbling maps. The Vah have absolutely nothing to do with the lore of Ikisith. However, these maps are a part of Ikisith lore, so adding in tome drops (NOT OPUSES!) seems to make sense to me. Especially if there was a chance of class tomes, notably 2's.

Most of these maps drop from raid zones (or those other mobs but few people actually farm them just to get Crumblings, a certain SK/shaman aside), but they end up being a meh, it's backgear night, and ToonX has some banked, might as well do them... An added incentive to get them OUT of said banks might encourage people to actually stop groaning quite so loudly when they are brought up as an alternative.

I am aware that there are many places to get tomes, and I'm not saying that tomes don't already drop. It's adding something in much like the relics on VD & ED maps that are just an addition to the loot table to make doing them more attractive.

I completely understand lorewise why the Gleaming Vah sword thing should never be on Crumbling maps. The Vah have absolutely nothing to do with the lore of Ikisith. However, these maps are a part of Ikisith lore, so adding in tome drops (NOT OPUSES!) seems to make sense to me. Especially if there was a chance of class tomes, notably 2's.

Most of these maps drop from raid zones (or those other mobs but few people actually farm them just to get Crumblings, a certain SK/shaman aside), but they end up being a meh, it's backgear night, and ToonX has some banked, might as well do them... An added incentive to get them OUT of said banks might encourage people to actually stop groaning quite so loudly when they are brought up as an alternative.

I am aware that there are many places to get tomes, and I'm not saying that tomes don't already drop. It's adding something in much like the relics on VD & ED maps that are just an addition to the loot table to make doing them more attractive.
I totally support adding tomes to crumbling maps. Could make it like long shadow a chance at a rank 1 and rank 2 and mix it up between all the tomes class/shitty/good ones

This is a great idea. Totally fits the lore/feel of maps, and class tome 2s could use another avenue of entering the game, since the 6 mans that drop them are pretty easy to lock down with a small group of dedicated players.

Definitely a great idea and would give people much more incentive to doing crumbling maps than saying "let's do t10 content for t7 loot".

Yes, Crumblings maps needs *something* to give some incentive to do them and this seems reasonable.

I did all the iksith content normal progression style, and we *never* found an appropriate place to do these maps. By the time they were available and doable, their loot wasn't very desirable. It wasn't bad, but nothing stood out enough to really make them worth raid time when other stuff was available. That sort of makes sense for maps, which lack the competition and traditional style of other raid content, but adding in tomes here could really add a nice incentive to complete these that is lacking right now.

The problem with crumbling maps IMO is that the loot is really hit or miss. There's some really really cool stuff that drops from crumblings that is very unique, saddled right next to some of the worst loot you can get at that time. I did a crumbling map once and 2 Taldorian skin jackets dropped. It was a sad day. But on another map run I got a Crystal Cactus pod, which is fantastic and I use it every time I log in. If about 50% or more of the loot table wasn't so lackluster( like the jacket), I'd do crumblings much more often. Tomes have always dropped in ikisith, so any type of tome added to crumblings would be cool and wouldn't be outside of lore/context, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom