ACCOUNT DRIVE 2013! Read me!

If for some reason you can not use our portal (there should be no reason like this!!!) you can give via paypal and send an email to [email protected]. Fame this way will *not* be instant. Please do not use paypal unless you have to!

Added what seems to be a forgotten word in bold. Can delete this post once read/fixed.

Everything up to today should be be sent out. It is through the mail system, so you have to check your mail!

I already understand the amount is halved and then quartered at the set points but what is the base amount for the exp bonus per dollar for just donating?

You win

We have winners!! If you have not yet received your prize you may petition to claim it! Please do not petition for the swarm pets prizes. Those will be given out after the patch using listsend. Just wait and it will arrive in the mail in just a couple of days.

The winners for the "every entry counts" lottery are:
  • Neoseraph / Zeaitha - Race Change**
  • Fayth - 500 Fame
  • Rickardo - 250 Fame
  • Slibu - 250 Fame
  • Fayth - 250 Fame
  • Ovisha - 5,000 Platinum
  • Glim - 5,000 Platinum
  • Gruhk - 5,000 Platinum
  • Tsun - 10,000 Platinum
  • Anvyl - 50,000 Platinum
  • Vesh - 75,000 Platinum
  • Grinkles - Melwin's Idol of Joy
  • Silreth (Artimas) - Melwin's Idol of Joy
  • Daffie (Gegen) - Melwin's Idol of Joy
  • Sonyaa - Digested Hexdoll
  • Fayth - Bag of Bunnies*
  • Grunhk - Crate of Pissed Gnomes*
  • Dian - Portal of Midget Elephants*
  • Garrek - Apes in a Barrel*
  • Skos - Snakes on a Pail*
  • Cobel - Bottle of Leeches*
  • Glim - Mesmo Gun*
  • Glorey / Bundo - Shoebox of Plagued Rats**
The winners for the "one entry per participant" are:
  • Nalad - Lucky Charm of Power - can be transferred to an alt
  • Skos - Custom Title - temp title made permanent
  • Glim - Custom Title - bonus reroll

*These will be given out via listsend after the patch.
** The new system with referrals had two winners! As a bonus we are going to allow them to choose which person claims the prize. So either the new referral character or the existing referring character may claim this prize.

Last edited:
  • Fayth - Bag of Bunnies*
  • Grunhk - Crate of Pissed Gnomes*
  • Dian - Portal of Midget Elephants*
  • Garrek - Apes in a Barrel*
  • Skos - Snakes on a Pail*
  • Cobel - Bottle of Leeches*
  • Glim - Mesmo Gun*
  • Glorey / Bundo - Shoebox of Plagued Rats**

These sound so fun, Olive! Before they go in (if they aren't already), don't forget to consider the alternate texture options for the apes, elephants, snakes, and even the Gnomes if you want to jazz things up even more:

• For the ape, texture 01 is the "zombified" version with half its face eaten off. Not sure if it fits thematically with the item's vision, but something to consider since this texture is not used widely despite being attached to a now-global model.
  • Texture 01 for the elephant model is a mammoth; "Portal of Midget Mammoths" has alliteration going for it, though the midget factor will make this item fun either way.
  • Unless one specific snake texture is already in mind, the snake clicky could be coded to spawn the swarm of snakes using randomized textures, such as casting it and coming up with two green snakes, a black-and-rest snake, and three rattlesnakes yet a completely different combination the next time.
  • Lastly, for the Gnomes, I'm assuming they'll spawn in either nekkid (00) or leather-clad (01), but don't forget they can be assigned custom textures like dyed robes (as seen on Spires trash) or they can probably even be coded so that their textures are randomized each time the clicky is cast (such as one spawning with plate, one spawning with leather, one spawning naked, and one spawning in a robe, for instance). If you like the sound of randomized armor and/or tinting, perhaps this could be applied retroactively to the Box of Angry Halflings, too (minus the robes, of course).

Just thought I'd make mention of this in case you liked the sound of any of it! :)

:toot: Congrats to the winners! :toot:

These sound so fun, Olive! Before they go in (if they aren't already), don't forget to consider the alternate texture options for the apes, elephants, snakes, and even the Gnomes if you want to jazz things up even more:

:toot: Congrats to the winners! :toot:

Grinkles those textures are really fun! I will make sure to mention it to the items' creator before they go in. Undead apes and mammoths do change the theme of the item. However, if it is possible, I do not see why the angry halflings and pissed gnomes shouldn't have armor tint and weapons. The halflings do already sport little knives! We do have the items and spells in now, but there is some tedious database work awaiting the Admins. Hopefully these will be in quite soon! I know people are waiting for them :)

I have some other comments about texture editing. But I will put them in the thread for that, rather than derail this one.

Seems I spoke too soon, Olive. Sometime between the previous post and this one, the randomized armor textures for the Halfling mobs were reverted to leather. Was this intended? I have a sneaking suspicion that the change was inadvertently overwritten with a recent change to spells_us.txt, but I have no way of knowing for certain.

This was changed on purpose! But never fear, it will return (hopefully next patch). I thought it was going to go in today, but we ended up needing to revert it. We are careful not to overwriting things in spells_us.txt. And overwriting the spell would have broken the item, not removed the textures. Pet appearance is like any other npc, it is handled in the database but can be affected with scripts.

I removed it because there was a bug with setting appearance that wasn't noticeable until I tried to use the functionality on pets. Although you may have seen the textures with old models, they did not work with new models, and robes did not work for either model. Many people prefer old models, but it is important to check both. The bug was actually pretty annoying and you can thank Jumbers for finally solving it (almost). I have been tinkering with these swarm pets for quite a while now. Sometimes things turn out to be more work than you think. It was probably too much time spent on something small, but once I started, I wanted to finish.

Halflings and gnomes got not only the textures but a bunch of new pet weapons. Using a weighted random these pets will have all the 'classes' for those races (in appearance only, they will all remain warriors). Tint is possible, but it would mean a change to the codebase as well as the database entry to allow a single, non-random color. There is a way to have random tints or even copy the specific armor and tint of a player, but that method is not compatible with pets.

Other swarm pets were not neglected! They all got fun little quirks to their appearance. Wisps are all different colors, leeches are different sizes, and you may find a new appearance for some pets in certain zones! I even made a temporary Halloween-themed swarm pet that will be given out later in events.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom