AA Fix Incoming

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
So I expect AAs to undergo a major change in the next few days. This is a data nightmare on a lot of levels, so I need folks to pay very close attention to a few things if you play on beta:

- Broken AA names (report what it IS and what it should be)
- Broken effects
- Incorrect cast or cooldown/refresh times
- Progression issues. Currently, things like Innate Strength also have Advanced Innate Strength. These are unified in the new client, so once you complete IS, you will get access to 10 more levels (for a total of 15), assuming all other prerequisites are met
- Other oddities where "it doesn't work like on live." Be specific please! "AE taunt is busted" doesn't help me. "AE taunt only agroed one mob i had targeted, the other 3 ignored it" is more useful, especially if you name the mobs!

I do still expect some issues, but I think it's going to be better after talking through the nuances with one of the EQEmu folks. I'd love to get it out Thursday, but I can't guarantee this. It depends on how testing goes tonight. :) It will be on the beta MOTD when it's in.

The first test was a bit disappointing, but I found some fundamental things I had missed. Nonetheless, the fact that AAs load is a good sign! I'm going to be gone a few days on vacation, so don't expect to see a big update until at least Tuesday when I'll be around to actually watch and fix things, and that's assuming I can hash out some of this other nonsense. But I'm feeling good about this.

I logged in today, on 2.0 I had like 560 aa spent and 28 spare, on 2.5 I had 0 spent and 28 to spend. Any suggestions ? *

1) I logged in, cast Shout of Agony and the game breaks.

My mouse look is stuck down and I can't do anything but look around at the world around me, lagging.

All other spells are grayed out forever. Can not open bags.

2) In 2.5 i have every AA I have 560 spent, in "live" (2.0) I have 570. Not sure where the 10 aa difference is from.

3) the lag is simply too bad to test the game out. I get exp messages when the mob is @ 80% hp.

4) Zoning takes over 5 min. each and every time you zone.

5) Cool downs on clickies do not work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom