a long shadow

sabuti

Dalayan Elder
This is a monster in The Emerald Jungle that dropped a guaranteed tome 1, a possible tome 2 (seemed to be about a 50/50 chance) and very rarely, a class 1 tome. It now cannot drop tome 2s, (if it can it's EXTREMELY rare) and i'm pretty sure it can't drop class 1s either. I believe this is extremely unjust, and let me tell you why.

First of all the mob does have somewhat of a "clear". It takes about 5 to 15 mins depending on what people you bring and how many you bring. This is very short and pretty easy obviously, but it is a clear none the less. Did I mention the mob has almost 800,000 HP? Not only that, but it also has quite the ability set.

The boss melees very hard. It drops Kharras anywhere from 5 to 25% a round, and it also spawns "a spark" every tick or so that nukes and stuns whoever is near it. The actual named functions like this. From 100 to 90 it does, well nothing. From 90 to 70 it starts to cleaving strike, not too bad but requires some ghealing. At 70 it begins to rampage, hard (roughly 30% a swing if it's a high tier cleric). At 50 this stops and you get somewhat of a break and it begins to mental strike the ramp tank then the regular tank, and it does this until 30%, however, gfluxes every tick with 500 ish dds begin to happen at 40% until the mob is dead. If you float too high (sometimes it just happens, I do not know why) you get stunned anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 seconds, and get nuked for about 4k. This can be fatal if trying to kill this mob with a small group. At 30, with all the gflux, stunning, and tank damage chaos, it begins to piercing strike the tank for about 3k, then devastating blow the ramp tank / second on agro. The mob REALLY likes to nuke-stun the group right before the DB lands on (typically) the healer or dps, resulting in an instant death. This continues until the mob is dead.

Sounds like a lot for a cash named, right? Well you are right, this is definitely the hardest cash named in the game to kill, and it was for good reason, it could drop tome 2s! But alas, It no longer can, and is now a complete waste of time and effort to kill. It is now less rewarding that mobs I can solo on my monk, and simply a source for a junk tome if you're really desperate to get a class 2.

With the big tier 13 characters this mob is typically 4 manned, and i'll be the first to admit I've died to this mob with 4 of those characters, and the tank being Bango. It happens. This mob can RNG your face off sometimes. Typically other guilds killed it with a raid of 6+ people, which in that case the net profit was way small IF you even got lucky to get a tome 2 and that tome 2 was actually something worth money and not an Infection Mastery 2!

I propose something be done about this. Perhaps bring back the old tome chances and make the respawn longer, or just make the mob more difficult. The latter seems like a silly solution to me as I think this mob is harder than any boss in Emberflow but hey that's just my opinion! Just please do SOMETHING useful with this mob even if it's not cash related because it's basically wasted space at the moment.

Sorry for any typos or bad grammar, I am very tired.

This is a monster in The Emerald Jungle that dropped a guaranteed tome 1, a possible tome 2 (seemed to be about a 50/50 chance) and very rarely, a class 1 tome. It now cannot drop tome 2s, (if it can it's EXTREMELY rare) and i'm pretty sure it can't drop class 1s either. I believe this is extremely unjust, and let me tell you why.

First of all the mob does have somewhat of a "clear". It takes about 5 to 15 mins depending on what people you bring and how many you bring. This is very short and pretty easy obviously, but it is a clear none the less. Did I mention the mob has almost 800,000 HP? Not only that, but it also has quite the ability set.

The boss melees very hard. It drops Kharras anywhere from 5 to 25% a round, and it also spawns "a spark" every tick or so that nukes and stuns whoever is near it. The actual named functions like this. From 100 to 90 it does, well nothing. From 90 to 70 it starts to cleaving strike, not too bad but requires some ghealing. At 70 it begins to rampage, hard (roughly 30% a swing if it's a high tier cleric). At 50 this stops and you get somewhat of a break and it begins to mental strike the ramp tank then the regular tank, and it does this until 30%, however, gfluxes every tick with 500 ish dds begin to happen at 40% until the mob is dead. If you float too high (sometimes it just happens, I do not know why) you get stunned anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 seconds, and get nuked for about 4k. This can be fatal if trying to kill this mob with a small group. At 30, with all the gflux, stunning, and tank damage chaos, it begins to piercing strike the tank for about 3k, then devastating blow the ramp tank / second on agro. The mob REALLY likes to nuke-stun the group right before the DB lands on (typically) the healer or dps, resulting in an instant death. This continues until the mob is dead.

Sounds like a lot for a cash named, right? Well you are right, this is definitely the hardest cash named in the game to kill, and it was for good reason, it could drop tome 2s! But alas, It no longer can, and is now a complete waste of time and effort to kill. It is now less rewarding that mobs I can solo on my monk, and simply a source for a junk tome if you're really desperate to get a class 2.

With the big tier 13 characters this mob is typically 4 manned, and i'll be the first to admit I've died to this mob with 4 of those characters, and the tank being Bango. It happens. This mob can RNG your face off sometimes. Typically other guilds killed it with a raid of 6+ people, which in that case the net profit was way small IF you even got lucky to get a tome 2 and that tome 2 was actually something worth money and not an Infection Mastery 2!

I propose something be done about this. Perhaps bring back the old tome chances and make the respawn longer, or just make the mob more difficult. The latter seems like a silly solution to me as I think this mob is harder than any boss in Emberflow but hey that's just my opinion! Just please do SOMETHING useful with this mob even if it's not cash related because it's basically wasted space at the moment.

Sorry for any typos or bad grammar, I am very tired.

this sounds like a high tier person crying that their cash mob was made desirable. I doubt the actual people on tier kill this mob and its mostly people farming it / sniping it for trash. 0 problems with that if what you state is correct!

It used to be a way to get a QP outside of Yclist for Abyss flagging, thats no longer required.

Honestly this mob was way to good, but as long as it still can (even if a little more rare) drop tome 2s and class 1s it's a great mob for a group of friends who need a bunch of books.

It used to be a way to get a QP outside of Yclist for Abyss flagging, thats no longer required.

Honestly this mob was way to good, but as long as it still can (even if a little more rare) drop tome 2s and class 1s it's a great mob for a group of friends who need a bunch of books.
it hasn't dropped a tome 2 in weeks, (nor a peridot in place of the tome 2) or a class 1, i'm pretty sure that's been removed, i just said "if it can it's EXTREMELY rare" in case it is just extremely rare. but as is it's less rewarding than nameds t9 sks can solo

1 of the best ways to get tokens and its a fun 4-6man encounter. Sure when he dropped rank 2 tomes they usually where stat tomes or cha 2 when i farmed him with friends.

Back
Top Bottom