A compelling argument to increase ED map sword drop rate

I think we could turn this into a general "Let help Tmaps" thread but I will try to stay mostly on topic. Incoming long winded post:
Like moving ED maps from 1 in 20000 to 1 in 17500 and decreasing rarity of the sword from 1 in 16 (what I have heard) to 1 in 12. Something that gives us better odds but wont cause us to have to revisit this if the population balloons up to 500 again.
I agree with most of your post, I just want to say that ed map sword is probably closer to ~1 in 4 or 5 as it is, and that is already annoying as hell.

The last vah sword hunt we did took like 10+ maps I think its rarer then 1 outa 4 or 5 iirc , im guessing more like 7-10. as far as prison trash being dead constantly I find that hard to believe as OP is always up when we go hunt frags there and easily one groupable at higher tier. edmaps do also drop in other zones I have got them off the yinazran sorcerors in dfs and other places that escape my memory atm but they do. tmaps in general have always dropped consistantly enough to not need fishing as its sole source so having a system in place to upgrade tmaps either as I suggested in this thread or some sort of trade up npc would do tmaps a justice with very little impact on balance of the vah quest imo although I dont think bounty hunting is the correct path to take on this subject.

The last vah sword hunt we did took like 10+ maps I think its rarer then 1 outa 4 or 5 iirc , im guessing more like 7-10. as far as prison trash being dead constantly I find that hard to believe as OP is always up when we go hunt frags there and easily one groupable at higher tier. edmaps do also drop in other zones I have got them off the yinazran sorcerors in dfs and other places that escape my memory atm but they do. tmaps in general have always dropped consistantly enough to not need fishing as its sole source so having a system in place to upgrade tmaps either as I suggested in this thread or some sort of trade up npc would do tmaps a justice with very little impact on balance of the vah quest imo although I dont think bounty hunting is the correct path to take on this subject.

I've farmed 3 of my own vah swords and helped 15-20 people do maps to get theirs. the average is definitely 5 or less and know many people who have gotten theirs in less than three. I only know of three people who ever took 10+, and only learned of the third today when talking about this post.

From the perspective of someone who came back to the game recently and has never done the Vah quest. I really like Paxit's idea of making treasure maps drop higher level maps. I don't think the Ezie's idea of trading in lesser maps for ED maps is the best ides but it's on the right track. That will just flood the market with ED maps and then it would defeat the purpose of them being rare. Considering I get roughly 15 maps from fishing per trip. That's with 8x 10 slot bags and bringing approx. 5000 bait with me. I could just trade those lesser maps to my alts and get a lot of ED per week. If you add a quest to it then it would again limit it to the higher tier players as the quest drops would be perma camped.

I could also see a scaling system like a 1 S = 1 VE/E/M, 2 M = 1 D, 2 D = 1 VD, and 2/3 VD = ED. This system would allow the market to flourish at all levels of maps and give the fisher(s) an outlet besides the vendor to get money from their maps.

Another idea would be a token system similar to bounties. Doing a map of each difficulty gives you a token. Each level of map would drop a token so VE/E would drop a token, M would drop a token, D would drop a token, and VD would drop a token. Hand in all 4 of those tokens to receive a ED map. You could even scale it higher as far as ED maps would drop a token to trade for crumbling and well illustrated(I have zero experience with those maps so take that with a grain of salt or everything I say). This would put more focus on treasure hunting in the game and if a newer low tier guild pops up on the server they would have a better way to get higher tier gear by treasure hunting.

I've farmed 3 of my own vah swords and helped 15-20 people do maps to get theirs. the average is definitely 5 or less and know many people who have gotten theirs in less than three. I only know of three people who ever took 10+, and only learned of the third today when talking about this post.
Getting it 5 or under would be above average actually.

We always had really good luck getting ed maps off ice giants. I don't know if it was insanely good luck or if they actually just have a decent drop rate. I think my sword took 9 or 10 attempts to get.

I can't relate. I'm not even at the appropriate part in The Vah quest to use the sword yet (Parcelan, I'm looking at you...), and by progressing my Paladin through the tiers the right way, I got his sword because we actually did enough ED maps on-tier rather than getting scum geared from T1-T12 in a month and never even doing any maps on-tier.

I can't relate. I'm not even at the appropriate part in The Vah quest to use the sword yet (Parcelan, I'm looking at you...), and by progressing my Paladin through the tiers the right way, I got his sword because we actually did enough ED maps on-tier rather than getting scum geared from T1-T12 in a month and never even doing any maps on-tier.
This post is so foolish on so many different levels. Tier jumping has nothing to do with this. Even if you progress regularly through the game (unless you're going at an absolutely glacial pace) you still won't get nearly enough swords from ED maps for your raid. Even if we assume your raid roster has only 18 people (which is pretty unrealistic) and have "above average luck" and get a sword every 5 maps, you're looking at needing to 90 ED maps for you guild. This doesn't include the fact that your guild might have more than 18 people, or people may be doing vah on their boxes or alts, or the fact you could get bad luck streaks on maps. Thats a HUGE amount of maps even with a very conservative estimate.

Are you planning on starting a progression guild so I can get sword(s) the 'right' way? There's one guild you could maybe possibly consider being around that tier and the rest are t10+ so it's hard and now I never get loot. Or do you have a portal to a decade ago where this post would probably be considered more reasonable instead of some odd relic of the past where 500 people were playing consistently instead of about 100?

Are you planning on starting a progression guild so I can get sword(s) the 'right' way? There's one guild you could maybe possibly consider being around that tier and the rest are t10+ so it's hard and now I never get loot. Or do you have a portal to a decade ago where this post would probably be considered more reasonable instead of some odd relic of the past where 500 people were playing consistently instead of about 100?

THE RETURN OF <Vintage>

Back
Top Bottom