A class in need is a choice indeed!

I think it would be neat if there was an occassional census taken (and released to us!) that would show how many toons in various level ranges (such as 1-10, 11-20, etc) and how many of each class.  This would be annoying to do but it could put a stop to the same question every fortnight!

PS. Make a bard, there is a distinct shortage of them! Barring that you may want to choose a cleric since there never seems to be enough of them. Just not a Mage or a Necro or a Druid! Seems to be tons of them!

your idear of a census would be cool. it would help a lot with the idear for alts that would be more usefull. yours hason the warrior :dance:

It would be hard, tho, because there are a lot of people that quit. A lot.

I mean we get all those intro posts everyday almost, and yet the numbers stay the same, almost everyone i leveled with back in the day has quit as well.

bard definitely bard. There arent a whole lot of them about. Every other class I at least see sometimes. Bards are like endangered.

A friend with weed is better.

This is going to be the last "best class / best race / most needed class" post on SoD discussion. I have a modified THE LAW post that'll be stickied tomorrow that will include general forum etiquette and plenty of things not to post about.

rab said:
A friend with weed is better.

This is going to be the last "best class / best race / most needed class" post on SoD discussion. I have a modified THE LAW post that'll be stickied tomorrow that will include general forum etiquette and plenty of things not to post about.

You bet your brass buttons it's posted and stickied pal.

I am new here, but is there no way to get the breakdown of classes? Or perhaps a sticky of the higher level guys mentioning the needs of certain classes? Since this is apparently asked fequently it seems that a sticky may be warranted. And no one wants to put in the time to level a character only to find that they would have been better to create a different class.

If you are that concerned about being "needed" at the higher levels, look at the various guild recruiting posts that detail what they are looking for. Personnally, I play what I like to play and don't care much beyond that.

There used to be a sticky that had a compilation of most of the 'best class/race' topics. I don't know what happened to it though!

any non botted cleric is a blank check.

Bard or Rogue

non botted enchanter or wizard

And, even after posting this you haul off and make yet another ranger or magician, or worse, MonkwithShamanbot, there are guilds still taking those too.

I think that whatever you have played before is what you know how to play. If someone went out and made an enchanter just because "the server needed them" and they had no experience at all playing an enchanter, then thats worse then being a really good class that there is already alot of.

Did that make sense to anyone else?

Brimztone said:
I think that whatever you have played before is what you know how to play. If someone went out and made an enchanter just because "the server needed them" and they had no experience at all playing an enchanter, then thats worse then being a really good class that there is already alot of.

Did that make sense to anyone else?

I guess... like if they were going to inherit a toon of a class they had never previously played maybe...

I just think it should be about what if fun for YOU! Not what the server needs. That changes way too often IMHO. Plus, the fun of playing a new to you class is that while leveling up you learn to play the class well. Of course there is the occassion someone has been playing a class for years and still stinks at it too. =p

Well, a lot of the people here have played on Live before.  I'd say about 75% of players know the basics of the game before they start their character.  With that in mind, they probably want a character that will be invited to groups once they reach a certain level.  So, knowing what classes are in need is a plus.
Posting numbers for classes would be nice but I wouldn't post any numbers for characters under level 15 or so.  Some people just play and quit or make an alt for a mule or what ever.  Maybe they can make a NPC in S. Newport for a month that you can hail and it adds you to a master list.  I don't think it would be too hard for it to be programmed to know your level.  Maybe it can also ask if you consider yourself an alt or a main.
As for what is rare, I never see bards, especially a bard over 50, same with paladins and rogues.  (that's rogue not rouge)

Funny Girl said:
As for what is rare, I never see bards, especially a bard over 50, same with paladins and rogues. (that's rogue not rouge)

I have to admit I'm surprised that there aren't more active rogues in the 50-65 range. On live, they seem to be the most prevalent class behind druids yet here I will go an entire day without seeing a /ooc for rogue's LFG. I guess people here tend to choose solo classes due to the lack of 20-35 groups, but otherwise I don't really understand the shortage.

I actually did post a census (unscientific) in that thread. Granted, it ain't official, but I'll bet it's pretty close to accurate. Unlike Live, anyone can do this - go online at the time you usually play, and start doing /who all x x (no dash). (OK, don't everyone do this at once and crash the server, hokay?) Do it for 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 - and see who's online while you're playing. Won't do you any good to know that there are a boatload of Rogues at the high end, but NONE when you're online at 6 in the morning Euro time or whatever.

Me? A Ranger on Live was my highest character, and I started a Paladin and 'Chanter here. But, guess what? I got bored with both, and started a Druid, instead. Close enough to Ranger to make me happy, and will probably let me solo for a bit longer. I won't be heartbroken if I don't get guilded and go raiding, 'cause I don't have much time for that anyway. Heck, I may start a Ranger, too. They're really my favorite.

Don't clerics kind of require a party to level with? I'm not sure I want to rely on others that much.

The classes that require others to level are the rare ones, for that reason.

The reason there are so many magicians, druids, and necros is BECAUSE they can solo.

Back
Top Bottom