2.5 Update - 4/20

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a busy month of getting things done. Unfortunately much of it is behind-the-scenes kind of stuff, but I know people like updates, so here we are.

First off, we've upgraded our hardware quite a bit, both in live and beta. As far as we know, things should be 100% working again, but thanks for your patience as we did both a move and consolidation of services.

We've also updated the patcher to address a number of known issues with it. You should get automatically prompted to run as administrator now if you need to.

Groups have received a 100% rework from the ground-up. This should hopefully make them more stable and more flexible in the future as we look at features like group leadership skills and such. For people that were annoyed at the crashing-when-you-zoned kind of problems, I think those should all be better. Leadership changes and such also work now.

We also made a number of other fixes based on bug reports - thanks so much for sending them in. Overall, the quality of the bug reports is excellent, making it WAY easier to sort things out.

We have a number of changes we'll be making in the next few weeks. Some people have RL commitments hitting right about now that will hold things back a couple weeks, but we'll get there. On the docket for fixes:

- Fixes to zoning so that you face a sane direction
- Fixing up tradeskill searches
- Corrections to motion code that's causing a lot of the Z-axis problems people are seeing like mobs not engaging or not being able to hit things/floating on water/paths, etc.
- Restoring Harm Touch and LOH. These were changed substantially in more recent clients, so we need to update how we handle them
- Tracking down what seems to be an excessive ability for mobs to stun you
- Reworking raids much like we did with groups. This should make things far more stable than they are on live today hopefully, as well as providing the added benefits the newer client brings

There's lots of other small things to be worked out, but that's what we're thinking about right now. I'll post more updates as things get fixed.

Back
Top Bottom