2.5 Status - 4/28

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
The updates are coming fairly quickly.

Most important to players probably are 3 new commands (all self-only):
  • /cm betalevel [1-65] - change yourself to the given level. You can raise or remove levels this way
  • /cm betaheal - Full heal
  • /cm betamana - Fully restore mana
These should help people test the higher-level content. Please continue to use normal healing spells, medding, etc. - this is just so you can play with additional things that you haven't been able to yet.

We also fixed a few specific bugs reported via /bug:
  • White cons now give exp (and grays should not)
  • Spell name fixes
  • Zoning while underwater no longer causes you to zone in out of breath
  • Missing zones like King's Pass should be fixed
  • Spell book now correctly handles all 60 pages
  • Raids should be working, though we haven't tested new advanced features like moving folks between groups. Feel free to report your findings
  • Damage shields report their damage correctly now
  • Fixes to other battle spam - you should be able to correctly set spam filters now
  • Meditation should work correctly now
  • Partial recipe search fixes. We should have tradeskill stuff up and running again shortly.
We're still working on other things I mentioned on the 20th. I also have additional bug reports to go over. All in all though, it feels like we're getting reasonably close. Beta testers, if you have time, please provide feedback.

Also, I'd like to schedule a "big" testing event sometime soon after we get a few more things worked out. The goal there will be to try things like real raid targets as groups. We'll post more on this once things are at that point. Once we get there, and assuming all goes well, we'll start talking about actual roll-out...

-t

Oh, and I was talking to one of our testers, and he mentioned that some people still are of the opinion 2.5 is vaporware and won't happen.

It WILL happen. :)

We've invested too much and are too close to the goal line to let this fall by the wayside. So I can understand the skepticism, but let me assure you, it's a matter of when, not if. We will have 2.5, with a new client. We wouldn't be putting in the effort we are if it weren't an actual thing.

Exciting stuff! These posts are being hidden in a subforum and not being seen as much as they should. Going to fix that!

Back
Top Bottom