2.5 Status - 10/26/13

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
So we've had (almost) our first full week of testing. Kudos to the testers, we've had excellent feedback and indeed are finding large numbers of issues. We expected this - both the networking layer and client layer have been completely replaced and, while you don't see much difference in play, there is a ton new going on under the hood.

The biggest battle right now is learning the differences in how the client processes such things. A good example I am fighting right now is groups - in Seeds, they are processed MUCH differently, which has caused everything from groups not showing (but still getting exp) to zone crashes when logging and not disbanded. However, between merging in some 3.0 code and getting help from some long-time EQEmu folks, we're getting these resolved.

We'd love to invite more people, and we will, but right now the volume of bug reports is just about perfect, and until we can get a few more of these big things handled, we're going to be in a holding pattern for a bit. I'm hoping that won't be too long - our testers have been very helpful and flexible in hunting these issues down and it's allowing us to beat them down a few at a time. So again, many thanks to them.

Here's just a sample of what we've fixed so far:

- String problems - by volume, these are the biggest bug reports, in part because there are literally tens of thousands to examine

- Several zone crashes

- Fixes to a couple of key commands

- Grouping problems are currently about half-solved, who knew a new client would cause such a pain for groups!

I am going to try to do updates weekly, schedule permitting, so that folks know when new rounds of testing will be opening up, and to keep track of what's going on.

-t

P.S. For folks who have been asking, yes, Cycle Targets does work! :)

Amazing know that you guys are working extra hard on this. I cant wait until SoD gets a new huge update with the 3.0

And cant wait till I get invited for beta =D

3.0 will be great, but 2.5 getting sorted should already fix a ton of old problems. C'mon nvidia bug, allow us to see in first person without feeling like an acid trip if something gets too close.

I noticed a very large graphics bug of mine go away. I no longer see the inside of my head when I swing a weapon.

Back
Top Bottom