Botting

Sizzleslaps

Dalayan Beginner
I have been playing for 3 or so weeks now and am still adjusting to the server but having a lot of fun. I did read that we are only allowed to bot 2 toons but since the server is pretty much dead, is there going to be room to allow more? I have been kicking this around wondering why is it only 2 when most times there or 50 "at best" logged in and probably half of them are botting as well. Thanks!

11 pm PST. 22 players online.
Yes I am on record complaining about late PST stuff on weeknights but you have to either be very conventional and aggressive with your duo OR think outside the box a bit

3+ boxing is not the solution you think it is for this server at this time

pretty much the only reason I would want to 3-box currently is porting. if your main duo doesn't included a porter you have to do the login shuffle dance. made even worse if you want a specific toon on a specific client. the an alternative idea I thought of would be a token a porter could summon for toons that are going to be offline during the port to include them in the next port though that could get complicated as well.

3 boxing would allow people to complete a full group with 2 people and progress faster, in terms of exp, without the need of more people.

And for people that think 3 boxing is too much to handle, you could have a buffbot sitting somewhere, while you keep playing your duo.

The fewer people you need to progress your character the less social and engaging progression becomes - if I had my way there wouldn't be boxing at all

Yes I am on record complaining about late PST stuff on weeknights but you have to either be very conventional and aggressive with your duo OR think outside the box a bit

3+ boxing is not the solution you think it is for this server at this time
I hear ya but how does me 3 boxing affect anyone else when the server is dead? I guess I just don't see the point. We are only talking about my fun.

The fewer people you need to progress your character the less social and engaging progression becomes - if I had my way there wouldn't be boxing at all
I agree with this 100% but there is "No player base". I have seen maybe 5 people in 3-4 weeks. If this was a thriving game and community, I'm ok with no botting. How does my botting affect anyone else when you have no more than 50-70 on a "busy" night? How many of those 50-70 people are already botting or have a toon logged in to leach exp?

I have seen maybe 5 people in 3-4 weeks.

And I'm probably one of those people. This is definitely life on the server (I speak from years of experience) if you only play late PST on weeknights. For us, it's hard to find a lot of people to exp/progress with. Seasons helped quite a bit since CST and even EST poopsockers powered through but it is hard to find a lot players late PST. LA, Portland, and Seattle based players are few and far in between

Keep at it tho, we're out there (BEHOLD!)

Back
Top Bottom