Duo/Trio adventuring band

Gerbera

Dalayan Beginner
Would anyone be interested in forming an adventuring band with me? Characters starting from the beginning, as I'm brand new myself. :)

We could level up in a group whenever possible, but when we can't we can still benefit from the setup - and hit adepts when we can as well. It seems like it would be hard to coordinate an entire group of people, so I'm thinking maybe two or three of us, dual-boxxing optional. I'll probably be playing a druid, cleric, or enchanter.

Hey, I'm interested in this I was thinking of starting a bard and possibly a paladin box. I've never done a lot of the adepts so that sounds interesting to me.

I have a warrior/druid combo sitting at 50 waiting for Tidefang the Wild so whenever you get there I'd love to do them.

Characters are Masuriya/Roreksis/Shallot.

it looks like we'll be kind of low in damage as things stand, so a dps of some sort would probably be helpful.

Wizzy and rogue duo? Or maybe druid and rogue? Ports are nice, and extra heals don't hurt.

If I go for Cleric and ereee makes a Bard and/or(?) Paladin, DPS would probably be good. I'm pretty new to this game so I don't know much about "optimal party setup!!" and all that. Just make what you'll have fun with. :)

Right now I have a level 5 Enchanter, after doing the first little bit of the main quest and killing a bit aound Newport. I haven't made a Cleric yet, so there's that, too. Do we all want to start together at level 1 or something else? What's everyone's playing times? I'm CST, and my playing times very but I definitely pop in at 8-9PM CST+ more often than not.

I'm usually on after 7PM Pacific. Also, pretty often on before work, usually around 7 to 9 AM.

Most days Ill be on earlier in the day and then ill return somewhere between 8 and 10:30 Pm CST depending on classes/work.

I'm reposting (with permission) some of the PM's between Gerbera and me:

Originally Posted by Nuncio2
I'd love to do this.

I posted in the introductions section about finding some people to do this exact thing. Here is a link: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=25331

My thoughts were to do this only equipping ourselves with drops, not with things like the overpowering mithril and dalium player made gears unless we get to a point where we can make it ourselves. Chances are, drops would be better by the time we were able to make such things.

What are your thoughts on this?

I do have a number of higher level characters from a long time ago on this server. I'm pretty good at two-boxing. I do like shaman very much for an excellent utility character, with reasonable healing. I'm pretty good at them, too.
Typically I play healer/tank combo, (Shaman/SK, Warrior/Cleric, Pally/Druid, or lighter tanks like ranger or bard with any of the healers) but am willing to play anything.

Let me know!

Nuncio

Originally Posted by Gerbera

I'm absolutely abysmal at two-boxing, so I would prefer to play one character if possible - probably Enchanter. Do you want to take it from the top at level 1 or rendezvous at level 4-5ish ~

Originally Posted by Nuncio2
I'd prefer level 1. I can 'twink' all of us, though not to the degree the raiding people do.
I'd just prefer to do it the old fashioned way.

~

Let's move this discussion to the thread so that people interested can give their input, yes?

Do I have permission to repost this PM in that thread?

Nuncio

That said, My preferred duo is shaman/melee

I'd like to run either shammy/tank or shammy/melee dps (rng or rogue).

So, we have a chanter, a utility healer, and melee dps at this point.

What else do people want to bring to the party?

I decided that bard/paladin would be more interesting than stalking the group with a higher lvl char for buffs.

Cool. I'll be in-game as either Aderyn (the enchanter), Naevh, or Aeronwy. Feel free to shoot me a tell and we can coordinate things in-game.

Yeah, sorry about that, some things came up last night and I ended up having to log before I caught you guys online. Will you guys be on tonight, sameish time?

Was a lot of fun, you two :)

Proud to say we have reached level 7 and killed Gristle.

We have also nearly completely geared ourselves out with excellent cloth and leather drops.

I think we are of a mind that the 'learner' searies of weapons, bandaging and leather gear dropped by level 3 mobs may be overpowered and require a nerf.

Grikk will learn to fear our leatherclad paladin, scantily dressed enchanter, clownlike rogue offtank-extraordinaire, oddly naked bard and stupid cat. I swear it on my fathers eyes.

Back
Top Bottom