Zealot's Blow

phroggonalog

Dalayan Master
Nerf it. Have a cleric at 41 who is using it almost exclusively in adept engagements, and also a cleric at 14 that could not have succeeded in killing Angar without it. 1.0 second cast with almost no recast time that is more efficient than any other heal that a cleric gets is just stupid good...

Maybe make the cast or recast time longer

Maybe increase the mana cost

Maybe make the heal self only? I thought that this was intended to make cleric soloing more bearable

MAYBE (!) move the entire line over to paladins (at a higher level) since a zealous strike sounds very paladiny

Anyone other than Zaela who tries to say that I am wrong is dumb and hasn't done any encounters with a low level cleric recently, or if they have they have then they are simply too dense to see that it is drastically changing the difficulty of said encounters. If Zaela says this is wrong then I concede defeat.

it was actually nerfed recently, zealots strike and archons hammer used to trigger melee swings, but they don't anymore.

i agree it's pretty OP pre-65, id be okay with a nerf that didn't hurt it at 65

I heard this was already nerfed. A cleric in my guild used to use this with a 2 hander for great soloing. He claims it no longer works with the 2 hander.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, this was totally OP and let me duo a bunch of adepts+was super awesome fun. Curses.

spell is pretty OP but I don't think you see it used much 60+ in the broken way you're calling it broken.

triple the mana cost is an easy fix i think. 25 to 75.

So correct me if I am wrong this spell starts at 6hp and gains an increment of +3hp per levels so

Level 14
Healing
Mana:60
Cast Time:3
Recast:0
Fizzle:2.50
Amount:84(14)
Efficiency:1.4
Output:15 hp/s

Zealot's Strike
Mana:25
Cast Time:1
Recast:3
Fizzle:1
Amount:45
Efficiency:1.8
Output:11.25 hp/s

Level 24
Greater Healing
Mana:150
Cast Time:3.75
Fizzle:2.50
Amount:288(24)
Efficiency:1.92
Output:46.08 hp/s

Zealot's Strike
Amount:75
Efficiency:3
Output:18.75 hp/s

Level 34
Superior Healing
Mana:250
Cast Time:4.5
Fizzle:2.5
Amount:582(34)
Efficiency:2.328
Output:83.14 hp/s

Zealot's Strike
Amount:105
Efficiency:4.2
Output:26.25 hp/s

I did the adepts all the way up to icefeather with a totally untwinked crew and I doubt zealot's could have kept our tank up but I guess we all sucked or something. Anyways there are the numbers, discuss. Oh also feel free to double check my numbers because this was boring as heck to look up and I zoned out a lot while doing it.

Last edited:
spell is pretty OP but I don't think you see it used much 60+ in the broken way you're calling it broken.

triple the mana cost is an easy fix i think. 25 to 75.

This is more a commentary on 14-55, not so much 60+

So correct me if I am wrong this spell starts at 6hp and gains an increment of +3hp per levels so

Right now it starts out at healing ~50hp and doing 15 damage at level 14, for 25 mana

Also yeah, one cleric zealoting can't keep a tank up, this is true

Back
Top Bottom