Yet More Drama

L

Leokaiser

Last night, a topic was created in the Suggestions forum which it was implied that a certain guild used underhand tactics to 'steal' a raid mob from another guild. After talking to many people from both guilds (on top of being there myself), it is clear that these claims were unfounded.

In light of what I have heard while looking into this matter, I ask that you disregard the unjustified comments that were made last night. It would show good spirit if those who made the comments retracted what they said themselves, whether as a reply to this topic, directly to the leader of the offended guild, or through me. However, I am aware that this might be a step too far for some people - which only highlights the sad state of current affairs, but it's not my place to comment on personal differences.

This server has seen far too much drama in recent days, and last night's escapades have done little to help the situation. In future, if you have a gripe about the conduct of another guild (or player), you petition and speak to a GM. YOU DO NOT make flame topics which do nothing to help resolve the situation.

Furthermore, if you make allegations about another guild (or player) that would lead to them being handed a ban, you better be telling the truth, or you WILL receive a ban yourself.

My message to ALL and EVERYONE on the server would be - Please play nice, and let this be the end of the drama. It's getting old and very tiresome, and everyone who gets involved ends up looking like a 10 year old (no offence to those 10 year olds who know how to resolve differences like adults).

Not that this really needs saying, but I'll do it anyway. This is not an opportunity to get the final word in the discussion that was started, the only reason this topic is open is:
It would show good spirit if those who made the comments retracted what they said themselves, whether as a reply to this topic, directly to the leader of the offended guild, or through me.

I will personally make it my mission to ban the hell out of anyone who creates drama, be they Legacy or Ruin or anyone else who feels the need to make this GAME more stressful.

Leokaiser said:
This server has seen far too much drama in recent days, and last night's escapades have done little to help the situation. In future, if you have a gripe about the conduct of another guild (or player), you petition and speak to a GM. YOU DO NOT make flame topics which do nothing to help resolve the situation.
Not knowing anything about this situation I can only guess as to the sordid details. When things like this happen, "petition and speak to a GM" always comes out. That statement always makes me chuckle. Look at it from a non-gm point of view: you have a problem with a guild, said guild is full of GM's and then someone says, "if you have a problem, petition for a GM". :lol:

diolas said:
Leokaiser said:
Not knowing anything about this situation I can only guess as to the sordid details. When things like this happen, "petition and speak to a GM" always comes out. That statement always makes me chuckle. Look at it from a non-gm point of view: you have a problem with a guild, said guild is full of GM's and then someone says, "if you have a problem, petition for a GM". :lol:

Insinuating?

Liam said:
Insinuating?

It is nearly physically impossible to reply to this post and the discussion is now probably dead. Just saying.

(for the record: his post has sixty layers of padding and he's speaking as an outsider, so he's probably not insinuating. he also makes a good point.)

edit and no offense but this thread seems like a sugar pill. Here's hoping i'm wrong and i can finally raid and group in peace. I have exactly 0 seconds patience for drama so this whole affair has been downright painful.

On that note of Peace, I beseech the players: If for any reason you suffer antagonism, please PM me in IRC and for the love of god take screenshots and keep logs. It'd also be helpful to approach the matter in an unbiased manner with all of the proper and truthful context.

I am serious when I say this: I will do whatever it takes to eliminate this childish bullshit that's making the server decay. Too much hard work and time has been put into it just to have shit like this tarnishing it up.

I was gone the night of the incident in question, but having spoken to a number of the members and the other officers about it, my impression is that the whole thing was the combination of a lack of communication and a pulling mistake. Shit like that happens, and all three parties involved could have done things differently. To my knowledge, although some tempers flared at the time, there aren't any hard feelings among Venerate over the issue.

That business aside, you said that people starting flames against other guilds would be banned. What about just other players? Like Tapein, for instance. That's still fair game, right?

Back
Top Bottom