Yclist bottleneck

Paxit

Dalayan Elder
Since yclist zone is unstable for an unknown reason causing lag issues for certain players could the staff look into a work around for the prime enchanter fight for spires flagging? Maybe a new or an additional spires flagging mob in another zone is needed. It is posing a problem for us to get spires flagged.

I feel like the yclist lag conversation started around the same time additional piranhas and new content skipping mechanics were added to the zone. Did anyone ever confirm/deny if there was a connection?

It started before that at the release of 2.5. IIRC Slaariel checked it out and saw that the (spoiler alert) enchanters there were casting a lot of spells repeatedly causing the lag. Since Slaar fixed that the zone doesn't seem to be causing problems anymore.

Sorry OP, but this was solved long ago. You aren't really experiencing problems. Remember, Angrycow actually takes the time to interact with the staff and has seen them work to fix everything that's come up.

I'd like to clarify.

First to Melodico. In my experience, that is precisely what happened. We went into the zone not too long after 2.5 after hearing that the zone was problematic from Dragonkin. We had some pretty bad lag on a few folks but found the situation manageable, but there was definitely an issue afoot. We couldn't find a rhyme or reason to who got the lag or why. Eventually dk got slaar in there and I heard the bit about the enchanters being the issue and he did something about it. We went back into the zone and we had little to no issues clearing yclist, including prime enchanter. We didn't attempt Ferdin, and I wish we had because iirc gflux was still ludicrous at that time and the fight would have maybe been a spectacle worth seeing. I have heard that even though we didn't have issues in yclist, other guilds were still plagued by issues. I dunno about specifically what issues, but my personal experience is that it was broke and now it works. I was only trying to fill in the thread with a perspective of how it happened. What problems are you experiencing pazms?

Second, to Renshu. Your last sentence is absolutely correct. I have in fact seen them work to resolve every issue. Now, to elaborate a bit, since I'm sensing you may have missed my point in my other post, they have definitely worked on things, but they are not always successful. The staff is aware of the issues and is seeking solutions but they don't always come easy. I'm not trying to say that we have a perfect bug free game, but when I called the staff proactive previously I meant exactly that. One of the staff's weaknesses is communication to the players. I think much of the angst seen on the forums would evaporate if more dialogue was held, but for one reason or another that dialogue doesn't happen often. The lack of dialogue is definitely a two sided issue, but it's why I am a proponent of seeking out the staff to talk to them. I think if more people participated in dialogue outside of the forums (which imo rarely results in real dialogue) it would help everyone.

One of the staff's weaknesses is communication to the players.

I agree. I don't typically check the forums a lot, and when I see patch notes in-game, I get so0O happy! It gives me the feeling that people still work on the server, people still care about the server, and that they want to continue to see it stay active.. I hardly get that feeling, with patch notes only coming once every 3-4 months- but last week I saw staff talking about fixes in the "group/raid bug" post and I was thoroughly happy to read the entire post.

More patch notes, make the staff presence known!! <3

We had some pretty bad lag on a few folks but found the situation manageable, but there was definitely an issue afoot. We couldn't find a rhyme or reason to who got the lag or why.

This, but its not consistent. Folks will be fine, then we engage monsters. Suddenly, 4 - 5 dudes are randomly having 2 min+ delays in game response times. Yk`sil didn't die for some folks until after loot had been done, and we had moved on to clearing towards golem.

Notably, it is most evident during events with large numbers of adds. (Yk`sil, easy to test. Prime / Ferdin, less easy to test.)
This add example also occurs in fights like Gens & Nemesis, thus the adds issue might be separate but compounded by the unique Yclist problems.

Also, to stay on topic, this is a huge barrier to an on tier guild. How the hell are we doing prime with a quarter of the raid lagged out?

I have a suggestion or two on how to kill prime with that handicap without strat leaks, contact me in game sometime and we'll see if I can help.

We are looking for help , it effects us. That doesn't mean it effects everyone, the randomness of the universe simply hit us more then the others. I would not be posting it if it wasn't a huge issue for my guilds progression and any other guild if there ever will be one again that is not made up of progressed toons recycled by the tier 13 community.

I know I had lag issues on Y'ksil fight and Custo fight post 2.5. They went away when I moved and changed my ISP (screw Comcast). Might not be viable for any of your folk, but something to keep in mind (maybe worth trying VPN shenanigans?).

This add example also occurs in fights like Gens & Nemesis, thus the adds issue might be separate but compounded by the unique Yclist problems.

I've had issues on my laptop during Nemesis fight, to the point where I couldn't even play - I just had to chain cast group heals until it died. In fact iirc I believe we did it together the other week, and it wasn't so much delay; just super intensive frame drops and lag. This laptop isn't some piece either (i7-6820 @ 2.70Ghz), 16 GB RAM, 256 SSD, etc. It's not a gaming laptop, but enough capacity to steam roll a Shards client.

Similar effects took place on my desktop (even greater specs than my laptop), though I don't remember them being nearly as great as the laptop experienced. It happened a while ago on my PC and was also from a different internet connection, so there's some instability in the comparison there.

I've never actually done Yclist since 2.5 to know if I had lag on that as well, just thought I'd share my two cents.

I know Resurgum killed PE in May 2016. In yclist we'd occassionaly have someone lag out but it wasn't bad. We'll try it again sometime soon and see how it is. I assume DK is having everyone do a /log off, but definitely do that just in case you weren't.

We have had the staff in attendance with us raiding this zone, the result was pending due to having to review alot of logs and coding. No response so far on this or a work around an alternate source for spires flagging.

Resurgum did Prime Enchanter recently, wasn't too bad.
We had ~5 people who were lagging pretty bad in the beginning of the clear. We ended up crashing the zone (not on purpose) and it fixed the lag for all but ~2 people. Those 2 people had off and on lag for another few minutes, did a refresh, turned off logs and then were fine.
By the time we got to PE, nobody was lagging at all (that I know of). When the trash was cleared to animation combined with the zone crash, and logs off, all of the lag was gone.
From what I've been told, the lag is caused by the enchanters? So the more you kill, the less likely you will have lag.
I think crashing the zone might fix the random lag and while inconvenient, it wasn't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom