Wing Flags... Rules Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastabrad

Dalayan Adventurer
This is not a flame or rage post.

Did a Pick up Raid on TOT last night with TU I heard them mention that you need 2/3 of your raid force flagged for Ferdolen only if it is contested by another guild. when this rule is mostly enforced to give the guild with the flagging the right away because they deserve the loot more than the unflagged raid. A bunch of my friends got jailed. I did not. I sent a petition to ask to get jailed cause it is only fair. So I get jailed for the first time on sod, not really bothered. Anyways.

Where in the Policy Plaza would I look for Flag rules? I looked through the policy plaza and I did not come across any flag rules or anything regarding the matter of flagging your raid before encountering a boss. I was just wondering if you can update your raid and 6man raid thread so you could inform people about this matter and possibly avoid enforcing rules that are not clearly stated.

Also if you happen to find a link to the rules regarding flags, I would be thankful for a link because this area is pretty gray and vague.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
-Glex

If I am not mistaken you need 2/3 flags regardless of the situation. You are circumventing progressive content restrictions if you don't.

Claims have nothing to do with this. 2/3 of your raiders must me flagged or it falls along the lines of content skipping.

So if wing X is available and requires a flag. If 2/3 of the raid doesn't have the flag they cant even kill in wing X.

This goes for ToT wings / well / IP / IS / UT. not sure on the lower tier zones if this occurs (believe ValorB)

Edit: Not sure on source but it was made over 2 years ago.

Hey Glex, I already posted something in policies asking it to be explained in the policy section on the first post, so it is clearly visible.

There was some misunderstanding on the 2/3rds rule thinking that it applied if there was a raid zone in contention with another guild.. Anyway, there were a number of people who thought that was what the rule was intended to address

Anyway, a week off will probably do us some good, I would however like to get the policy explained clearly in the proper section and not buried in some replies to other posts.

Wish you didn't petition to be jailed though..

yeah I didn't find the wiki till I was doing teir9 content either.

Tier 9 and 1 post... way to troll anonymously.

I think Glex's point is that he does not expect to have to search server rules on the wiki, especially when there is a policy section on these forum. I'm sure he realized the wiki existed a long time ago.

Anyway, all I'm going to say about it.. don't want to continue the feeding.. lesson learned.

The rules that are on the wiki are all found on the official site and forums. I just put them all together in one place.

Alright, so there are rules on the Wiki and there are rules on the forum. Could we have a main source of rules?

Also I noticed the Flag Rules on the Wiki but is there any on the Forums?

Let us not forget my children, Followers of the destruction of Dalaya. Bringers of doom upon mortal men. That for hence this day forward, A great reckoning shall occur to the policy plaza and all of it's kin. Thou shall not add raid rules that be hence enforced to ye raid rules section the policy plaza.

Alright, so there are rules on the Wiki and there are rules on the forum. Could we have a main source of rules?

Also I noticed the Flag Rules on the Wiki but is there any on the Forums?

Scroll to the bottom of the wiki page. I gave references for everything in the article. They aren't cited, but they're labeled so you can tell what is what..

Let us not forget my children, Followers of the destruction of Dalaya. Bringers of doom upon mortal men. That for hence this day forward, A great reckoning shall occur to the policy plaza and all of it's kin. Thou shall not add raid rules that be hence enforced to ye raid rules section the policy plaza.

You know your trolling sarcastic shit is pretty boring heh ?

The rules are pretty clear. And they are not exactly hard to find sir.

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=17429&page=1

Fairly recent thread in which this entire debate is entailed.

The reason you didn't find it in a search? The forums search engine can't search for 2/3, or any fraction for that matter. Makes it kind of difficult to find.

I'd just like to add its been fairly common knowledge, and a rule that I would say goes back about 3-4 years at this point. When the forums transfered over my best guess is that the post detailing it was left out, because I know for a fact flag arguments used to run rampant across the old forums (I'm looking at you Steel).

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=17429&page=1

Fairly recent thread in which this entire debate is entailed.

The reason you didn't find it in a search? The forums search engine can't search for 2/3, or any fraction for that matter. Makes it kind of difficult to find.

I'd just like to add its been fairly common knowledge, and a rule that I would say goes back about 3-4 years at this point. When the forums transfered over my best guess is that the post detailing it was left out, because I know for a fact flag arguments used to run rampant across the old forums (I'm looking at you Steel).

Yeah the content skipping rule has been around for a long, long time. The flag rule had to be heavily enforced around the time multiple guilds started doing places like IP, CoD, etc. but it even predates that.

WTB some way to view other players flags so I can know that I am not getting screwed over in a pick up raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom