Windows 10

Paxit

Dalayan Elder
Ok we already are getting posts in our forum about win10 not running sod. Is this going to be a huge deal to get the client working for win10? Are you waiting for a new client to address windows 10 issues with sod current client? Anyone using windows 10 yet with any info to offer for fixes if its a problem yet?

upgraded to win10 on tuesday and i played like six hours straight, boxing in eqw without incident, after running as administrator.

Zero issues with win 10. I quite like using win+tab now to see if repops up on 2 diff toons in different zones

Hm, i felt "turning my head" was extreemly hard, framerate issue, even with EQplaynice...

Anyone else experince that? How did "you" fix it?

Hm, i felt "turning my head" was extreemly hard, framerate issue, even with EQplaynice...

Anyone else experince that? How did "you" fix it?
try running the game without eqplaynice? I had issues with that in the past, causing just what you describe.

well I have not been able to log in since installing Win 10 and wondered if anybody has any suggestions.

Firstly, both Norton on my desktop and AVG (on my laptop) seem to hate SoDpatcher and EQwin now and have had to tinker with settings just to avoid having then deleted.

When I do get to login screen I get message unable to connect to server. Is norton blocking the ports, and if so, can anybody suggest what settings I need to alter.

Will definitely be having another go if you have 2.5 working. All the best on that.

I run on Win 10 no problem, so it is possible fortunately!

The reason Norton/Symantec hates them is that it is terrible, terrible antivirus. It doesn't like the fact that one software package launches another, which is clearly malware. Idiots. But yeah, whitelist those for sure.

You CANNOT use EQPN/EQW with Win10 as far as I can tell. Fortunately, I also don't find either necessary.

As for connecting, can you c/p the contents of your eqhost.txt file here? Let's make sure that looks ok.

For the record, I run both 2.0 and 2.5 clients in Win 10 no problem, in fact both at the same time sometimes! So this is not an OS issue fortunately.

My #1 recommendation, as mentioned above, is no EQW. It just does not seem to work.

I just upgraded to win10 today, finally. Had no issues logging into SoD, even using eqw. Though I didn't try to 2-box yet. I haven't used eqplaynice in ages, so can't test if it works or not.

[Registration Servers]
{ "67.205.103.134" }
[Login Servers]
{ "67.205.103.134:5997"}

This is eqhost.txt

Norton runs out in a month, can you suggest a replacement that doesn't get so excited about SoD. Interestingly the Windows 10 security features also dislike you intensely as well.

Last edited:
That's definitely not right. It should be:
[Registration Servers]
{
"184.107.119.101"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"184.107.119.101:5997"
}

I don't have any trouble with Kaspersky AV, which as a security person is hands-down my favorite. That said, you can whitelist any software in any of the AV packages and say "ok stupid software, this is safe, stop telling me about it."

Thank you that sorted it. EQW runs no problem on my machine so suggest it is not an issue with the core Win 10 system.

Hi friends.

I recently decided to return to SoD. I installed the game files from DayBreak and used the patcher. However, once I hit the "patch & run", either the box will close altogether or will proceed to the next (where, I think, EQW is directed to find eqgame.exe) but will immediately close and will not reopen. I've reinstalled twice and have selected the various options to see what is occurring (setting to different processors, adding or subtracting EQPN/W/graphics fix, etc).

I am posting here because I upgraded to Win 10. I played SoD on Win 8 with no issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Uh, so...

after I run the patcher, it:

deletes (or hides?) my eqgame.exe and then

changes the patcher's permissions, saying I cannot use it because I don't have authority to do so (even though I'm the administrator).

wtf?

Back
Top Bottom