Win8 fix, now where is /note saved to

daenar_sod

Dalayan Elder
Ok... i finally fixed my Win8 issue... copying everything over directly was apparently my issue, so i had to do a fresh install and so far have copied over my userdata, uifiles, maps (custom of course), and any .ini file i had.

Problem now, well 2 but 1 will just take some time to fix.

Easy Problem) My UI is back (Shouki_SoD), and all hotkeys and spellsets are remembered, but it does not remember how i have the UI laid out... meaning i gotta redo all my chat boxes and positioning. Did I miss a file or is this normal?

Bad Problem) My /note which had tons and tons of data on it is now just *poof*, and I'm assuming that's stored client-side so what file did I gloss over and not transfer to the new system? It's gotta be here somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated, plzkthx, and have a nice day. Except Oozu if he sees this. Cause... well it's oozu.

Window location:
I think you forgot to copy a file over. Unless SoD has changed the save location, it should be a file in the Everquest directory called UI_charname_servername.ini. For example, my file is located at: C:\Program Files\Sony - Dalaya\EverQuest\UI_Daffie_.ini

Notes location:
I think you forgot to copy a file over. Unless SoD has changed the /notes write location, it should be a file in the Everquest directory called note.txt. For example, my file is located at: C:\Program Files\Sony - Dalaya\EverQuest\notes.txt

Good luck!

thanks so much. man this windows 8 OS is really pissing me off with this program. I got all that stuff working now, but I've just noticed ANOTHER problem.

Specs in case it might help u figure it out.

Asus G55VW-DH71
Win 8 64bit
Elantech PS/2 Port Smart-Pad

I can't zoom in or out, using either trackpad (2 finger zoom) or mouse scroll wheel. F12 shows mouse is activated, and i've cycled f9 also. any suggestions?

I can scroll in everything except in SoD

Ok... i finally fixed my Win8 issue... copying everything over directly was apparently my issue, so i had to do a fresh install and so far have copied over my userdata, uifiles, maps (custom of course), and any .ini file i had.

Problem now, well 2 but 1 will just take some time to fix.

Easy Problem) My UI is back (Shouki_SoD), and all hotkeys and spellsets are remembered, but it does not remember how i have the UI laid out... meaning i gotta redo all my chat boxes and positioning. Did I miss a file or is this normal?

Bad Problem) My /note which had tons and tons of data on it is now just *poof*, and I'm assuming that's stored client-side so what file did I gloss over and not transfer to the new system? It's gotta be here somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated, plzkthx, and have a nice day. Except Oozu if he sees this. Cause... well it's oozu.

how rude

Back
Top Bottom