Will Fomelo ever be fixed?

Chiifin666

Dalayan Elder
I know work has been super duper slow but some progress has been made in the last several months, so does anyone know if Taryth is coming back to working on the server/fomelo again- or is he only focused on the remake of SoD he posted about ?

I started work on a fomelo alternative back in July as a for fun project. I never mentioned it publicly(though I did talk to one of the devs about it some privately) so I wouldn't give false hope. Ended up giving up half way due to lack of knowledge about the back end of the client. Examples would be like I knew where item icons were stored but I could not find how their filenames and locations related to item ids if there was any relation at all. also have no idea how certain stats are calculated or how any of the data would formatted when received by the application.

Not really in a state I am proud of but here is the source if anyone wants to pick up where I left off.
(no exe in this download as I know some are cautious about downloading exe files from random people)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3383291/Fomelo.zip

if want a compiled version
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3383291/Fomelo.exe

And here are some screen shots
Fomelo1.png

Fomelo2.png

Fomelo3.png

Fomelo4.png

it was written in VB.Net and is a windows application.The original idea behind making it an application instead of a web page was in theory it could pull item icons or other things from the local installation reducing the amount of information the server would have to send per request. I also picked an older version of VB.net so it would be compatible with older systems and Mono(.Net framework for linux).

I also tried to make it as compact as possible without having to scroll.This does have the side effect that if new things are added to the game that take more room than allotted they will effect the readability of the UI. Hopefully the anchor points I set will be useful if the application needs to be enlarged to account for such changes.

That's great you started doing that! I wish I could be of help with it but I wouldn't know where to start. Thank you for sharing the work so that MAYBE someone would be able to pick up where you left off.

Just to throw it out there, is part of the fomelo problem (stats not adding up) possibly due to tome bonus ? maybe it isn't calculating properly and should be converted back to Codex of Power ? Doing the math with the HP, it's like realllllllly close to adding up properly if I add 20% of the total hp from what fomelo says vs. in game. (Shayken: 8,391 hp x .20 = 1,678.20.. 8,391 + 1,678 = 10,069 hp) which I will double check when I am home, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate

Main issue isn't related to tome bonus, but AA's. Codex bonus doesn't even affect stats at all; just hit, heal, and spell power. That's why stat caps are 280 for newer players, since things like hidden strength, innate stats, etc. aren't included. For mana you can simply just add 450 if you're maxed AA's and at wis/int cap. Health is a little bit harder to figure out, and not something I've had much motivation doing. Clerics die anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom