Why cant you raise all factions back up?

mastermind

Dalayan Beginner
Hello,

before I start - just in case - sorry if my tone is a bit harsh but im quite mad right at the moment.

Today I was looking for Corrupted Piter in North Badlands which drops a nice staff for my shaman.
He is said to spawn in a villager camp in the middle of the zone. He was not up so I thought the villagers there might be placeholders for him - they were apprehensive to me so I didnt think they would be on any "good" faction. Well I killed 3 of them when I noticed my chat window wasnt scrolled down totally, so i scrolled down to see I just got some major faction hits. The factions were:

Newport Guards
Newport Citizens
Crimson Guard
Hall of Fighters
Arcane Academy

I was shocked! I sureley did not want this to happen, but I thought - well you just have to raise them again - there must be a way to raise them if you can lower them. WRONG - I had checked wiki and also asked in /ooc but I was told that not all of them can be raised back up again.

I was like WTF is this?! You can lower these factions but cannot raise them up again? And how am i supposed to know this before attacking an npc? (my bard which did the killing and my shaman are my first chars here that i played more than just a few days - so i couldnt know this at alll.. )

Well I petitioned to have the factions reset or at least be told a way to do it myself. But the gm just deleted my petition it seemed. Without even giving the petition has been solved message I petitioned again to have at least a message what has been done about the petition. A bit later I got message that gms dont help incase of player errors.. (well to repeat.. first chars - how could i know.. but thats not the point).

So why cant you just raise these factions (and maybe others that also just can be lowered right now) It doesnt make sense to me. I really love SoD so far but this is just stupid.

I hope I just missunderstood and there is a way to raise these factions back up but if not there should be some ways at least. Im sure i am not the only person who ruined a faction by accident and now is mad he cannot raise it back again. Humans make mistakes but if you cannot correct these mistakes its just BS.. this is a game and supposed to be fun.

OK I havent figured out how bad these hits were - but thats not important imo - just not beeing able to raise it up sucks. My main who got the hits is a bard and i want her to be good aligned (just found out a few days ago what that means anyway) - so these hits are really bad for me no matter what.

Please implement a way to raise all these factions back up that one can lower by making such kind of mistakes that I did.

TBH (I am perfectionist and if something permanently goes wrong i usually dump stuff right away .. this is not cool i know but I start to loose interest then when i cannot make it perfect) I already thought about quitting SoD again over this if this is permanent.. as silly as it may sound to outstanders.

Thanks for reading and sorry for complaining but this just makes no sense...

EDIT: Before someone mentions it - yes I am registered since a year - I made a monk/shaman at that time but quit quite quickly again - came back like a month ago. (and about that faction stuff i did not know before or after my break.. never happened to me on any character beside my bard so far)

Last edited:
im sure there is some reason to raise them again, unfortunately im unsure as to how. hopefully a GM can be of assistance. im kinda curious what the answer is, in case im ever in this dilemma.

hmm have you tried going to the guild hall and hailing any of the NPC to see if they offer a quest? might need to have someone give you an illusion or use a faction boosting spell. You can raise newport guards/citizens etc but not sure on the others as Ive never cared to raise them myself. Looks like newport factions took a hit so go kill some gnolls / bandits and see what that raises. turn in bandit sashs/heads and any other quests and see if those help.

gonna check it out - yea newport stuff is not that bad - this can easily be raised but the others .. well i will check it. If someone has info on how to if its possible please enlighten me/us.

I calmed down now again lol but I still wanna fix /have fixed this.

ok i found a way to get me unkos to newport again. outside of newport is a special npc extra for this who wants a fine and gives u a ground spawn collection quest. Im indiff now again,

but the other factions are still screwed. Would really appreciate if some player or GM/Dev could post a way to raise the others back as well please?

The ones still screwed are:

Crimson Order
Church of the Deep One
Arcane Academy
Hall of Fighters

No, GMs dont go around resetting factions because you assumed villagers were placeholders for some loot mob and killed not one, but three.

No, GMs dont give out play hints or tips nor set your feet on the path of one quest or another through petitions, nor through demands for same made on the forums.

Actions have consequences, as you can see.. While it is a game, and supposed to be fun, it is also supposed to be immersive. Were you able to "Ho hum" every action you made, it would no longer be so.

However since I dont see a single faction listed there that a shaman would ever use, im quite curios as to what your actual gripe is.

Last edited:
its not my shaman its my bard who is my main and which i already put in intensive work/time (not only level but also quest and rare dropped items.. masks in particular)

my chatbox wasnt scrolled down entirely so i didnt notice the faction hits right away, yea its my mistake ok - but even if i didnt kill 3 and just one - how can u tell on what faction a mob is before u kill it?! I dont wanna have to "excuse" but i am not a native speaker and was playing a long time already that day so "villager" wasnt anything special to me at that time.. i didnt think much about it.

I dunno how you feel about this - those factions might not be critical to me as a bard - but if something is screwed up somehow then you want to fix this too dont you? You are player here for a long time and probably know all the stuff and wouldnt do such mistake anymore - but if it did.

Well ok I understand now that the GMs arent there for helping players with issues like that, so then I am asking you my fellow players to tell me a way please if there is any. No matter how that is done - Im sure it will be punishment enough for me to make me think more next time - I would just hate if this faction loss is permanent =/...

Really hope there is a way ..

Last edited:
try the reconcillor outside newport. *Might* include these factions.

Next time your looking for player to player aid I would suggest a separate post directed at them.

crimson order doesnt ring a bell, but the other three, in order, are:

cleric
caster
warrior guilds in newport.

I fail to see what is "screwed up". You killed 3 citizens with ties to those guilds, and they dont like you for it. Are you saying its unfair that they dont offer you a way to atone?

Last edited:
yes i think its unfair because this is a game (my problem might not be that big here but generally speaken - why have permanent changes like this on things you did not actively decide for? .. i mean i didnt decide to lower faction - i just made a mistake by killing mobs i shouldnt have killed, which i regret now - but there is no way to tell that beforehand is it? And this game is all about killing mobs isnt it? ..)

for the newport citizens and guards there at least is a way to get the faction back up with alot of work. something like that should also exist for the others too imho.

ADD: Sorry for beeing a drama queen here, I feel bad about that - but its my personality that i want things to be exactly how I planned it ahead of time (perfectionism...) - if something bad/unexpected happens then its like a punch in the stomach to me and if this whole thing wouldnt be buggin me that much I wouldnt waste so much time complaining/mourning on it I can tell ya. Just trying to get my fun back which is unfortunatly kinda gone since yesterday.

Last edited:
i can kind of understand where you are coming from because I too am somewhat of a perfectionist (although no where near as much as you). My advice is to just focus on getting your newport faction back on track and take a gander at the newport ring quest.

A while ago I killed the arena contestants in SNewport and was pissed that I was dubious to the arena master (warrior guild). It bothered me for a while but eventually I stopped caring because as I continued playing I realized that it didn't affect me at all.

BTW if having bad faction pisses you off then don't bother doing the MQ. Halfway through you need to pick a faction, which will lower your faction with 2 other groups.

thanks for your reply finkk, that really helped me to get a better mood about this. ill just try to continue on my game without thinking about this - maybe i find a way to fix this some day but if it doesnt affect me its not that bad as i first thought i guess.

in order to make a game truely immersive, you need to take aspects from Real Life. If you lived in a small village, and someone not native (or even native) were to come in an kill three members of your community... tell me how willing you would be to forgive them. I'm sure killing a few things, or bringing them something that happens to be on the ground isn't gonna cut it.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be a way to amend your faction, but i think it should involve a looong quest line of some sort. Also not trying to sound like i'm trying *hint hint* towards new quests for faction or anything either. in my opinion you should be stuck with that faction hit, BUT if i were to have some way to make amends it would be a long and tedious set of quests.

I guideline I followed when I started here was not to attack anything that wasn't KOS to me already. It helped me to avoid ruining factions I might need or want to improve later by giving me time to learn more about Dalaya's lore.

ok i found a way to get me unkos to newport again. outside of newport is a special npc extra for this who wants a fine and gives u a ground spawn collection quest. Im indiff now again,

but the other factions are still screwed. Would really appreciate if some player or GM/Dev could post a way to raise the others back as well please?

The ones still screwed are:

Crimson Order
Church of the Deep One
Arcane Academy
Hall of Fighters

I'm pretty sure Crimson Order is the Monk Guild. It is certainly not the Bard Guild.

arcane = casters
crimson = monks
fighters = warriors (i believe) though they may have something to do with bards but i highly doubt it.
church = pally and cleric (hopefully)

so you should be ok minus having to avoid those type of mobs around the bank since fighters and arcane are around there.

in order to make a game truely immersive, you need to take aspects from Real Life. If you lived in a small village, and someone not native (or even native) were to come in an kill three members of your community... tell me how willing you would be to forgive them. I'm sure killing a few things, or bringing them something that happens to be on the ground isn't gonna cut it.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be a way to amend your faction, but i think it should involve a looong quest line of some sort. Also not trying to sound like i'm trying *hint hint* towards new quests for faction or anything either. in my opinion you should be stuck with that faction hit, BUT if i were to have some way to make amends it would be a long and tedious set of quests.

thats the thing. you killed members of those guilds/groups. there should be no ammends. Yuo kill a police officer irl you don't get to go help a kitten outta a try and build faction. Now for faction that somehow becomes important a year down the road and you killed those mobs before hand, there should be the ability to make ammends (main quest factions (ex: centaurs.. thought they were suppose to give faction on gnolls..). Other than that, i think your should be SOL if you kill a certain faction. (such as with giants and dragons after the thing went in not allowing you to have both gate necks.. DUH)

Back
Top Bottom