Where raid zones start?

Jarh

Dalayan Adventurer
So we had a claim issue recently with where Spires zone claim actually starts, and got it settled but then the next day I log in to find out the opposing guild went crying to another staff member to get a different answer than the one that answered the petition the day before.

Does Spires zone start at dismantling the ward? or Zoning into Spires?

Would make sense that the zone starts at dismantling the ward, or why not just remove the ward? If one guild takes the ward down and another guild decided to run passed then (leap frogging their right of way) to zone the 6 in first doesn't seem logical. That would be like a T11 guild dismantling the ward but oh no a T9 guild wants to go try this out and runs by them because the ward is down thanks to the T11 guild. I understand that it's about being flagged for the zone but that would mean the zone starts at dismantling the ward, being the first part of going into the zone.

This is also the same with Yclist so I have been informed by staff. That if a guild has their force (6 if they are racing, raid if they are not) in zone and is dismantling the illusionary wards another guild cannot just run passed them dismantling the wards with their own 6 members to leap frog claim.

I believe that when Marza answered our petition he was correct, that because we were the first to have 6 and dismantled the ward that, that is where the zone claim starts, even if another guild wants to try to run pass you while clearing the trash passed the ward it does not give them claim over you.

Would just like some clarification and the same rules among all the staff so if this ever comes up again. Also, then if a guild sees another guild dismantling the ward with their 6 and raid online they should just back off and not give the staff a headache. Or if it is that some how this is ruled in favor of the zone starts when you zone into spires then that the two guilds know who needs to leave and it can be handled between the two.

(this is just about where the zone claim starts, not the claiming rules of 6 and capable force online)

Do you really think that the immense task of hailing (not killing or dismanteling, hailing!) a mob should give you claim on ANYTHING? Really?

Do you really think that removing the door to a zone that needs a LONG quest to enter it is the way to go?

Do you really think it is reasonable to claim a zone without even being in it? If so, where do we draw the line? Does wiping to an orc in everchill magically give you claim on sanctum cause you were trying to get your prison key?

Last edited:
In case of Spires, I am inclined to agree with Jarh, mainly because there is some trash in Field of Bone that does take time to clear out.

I could see super competetive guilds just camp 6 in spires so that if they see opponents forming in FoB, they can log in their 6, take claim, and box army 18 as people log on/wake up/get home.

It just seems most reasonable to have claim at the furthest point it is reasonable to form/buff for a zone. Obviously you need to be in Sanctum to claim since you can easily port up there with a raid to buff. In spires I know FWF always formed up our raid, made groups, and buffed in FoB. Then we killed the trash and zoned in.

I don't think it matters a whole lot but some clarification would probably be good.

So if 2 raids are racing to other raid zones, the one that gets 6 in zone gets claim as long as they are legitimately assembling their raid force and get it there ready to go in 30 minutes.

If you're racing to Yclist or Spires, it's a little trickier than "/who all zoneshortname" to tell this. If a raid clearly has 6 people there with the active intent on opening the zone (dismantling wards, hailing a wisp and killing a couple goblins, despawning big orcs) with the rest of their raid en route, it seems like that's the equivalent under the spirit of the rule.

This again requires a little thought if someone already cleared the way for the zone (by dismantling the wards necessary, clearing the goblins, or despawning the orcs) without either raid present. Getting people in zone would then need to be what is considered.

On paper, this all looks really difficult to determine. In practice, it really isn't. Unless the race is only a second or two apart, it's usually easy to tell if your raid got claim or the other raid got claim.

i agree with both party's.

I feel that hailing the ward shouldnt constitute a claim. but i do feel Killing the goblins abetween the ward and zone in does! just my thoughts.

Tao in our case trash was up, (i would agree if no trash up it's whoever zones in first)

Since it was our first time going into spires and we didn't know what to expect and our 6, 4/6 wiped to the trash FoB and was in the process of rez'ing the ones that died, with our other guild members on the way running still, when the other guild came in and ran passed us. According to the logs it was 5minutes until they showed up in zone after OUR 6 was already there, dismantled the ward, and engaged a trash mob. I don't see how the ruling was different between the two staff members, since we were clearly their before the other guild and they ran passed in the tunnel after the ward in hopes to keep us out of the zone.

I would just like a clear cut, yes if no one is in spires the first guild to dismantle the ward and be clearing to get in is the start of the zone (when trash is up outside)? or a No, it is when you zone into the zone is it?

With the final answer if it is YES i think then if another guild sees one in FoB passed the dismantled ward they should back off instead of trying to leap frog them. If NO another guild seeing them in spires would be the back off point.

Nwaij wanting to point out where to draw the line, it's pretty easy.. Zones like Spires and Yclist where you're dismantling something to zone into the zone is what I am asking. Not well i started the MQ so i claim spires, don't be so dense.

If something HAS to be killed, hailed or clicked in order to move forward in a raid, then not killing, hailing or clicking when the something is there to kill, hail or click should constitute content skipping. Allowing someone else to open or start to open a zone and then swooping in and taking advantage of their work seems real shitty imo.

I'd like to extend Nwaij's inane hyperbole to the utmost and claim that by creating a character before another person, you win all zone claims vs. that person since your intent to raid those zones precedes theirs.

I'd like to extend Nwaij's inane hyperbole to the utmost and claim that by creating a character before another person, you win all zone claims vs. that person since your intent to raid those zones precedes theirs.

post's like these belong in chillville. this was a legit thread

engaged a trash mob

I don't understand why this phrase is a recurring theme.

I would just like a clear cut

No. That leads to rulesharking, and we're all more than aware of how much everyone loves the last clear cut line (pugs vs guild raids).

My earlier post is clear, and it's more than needed to be said.

If something HAS to be killed, hailed or clicked in order to move forward in a raid, then not killing, hailing or clicking when the something is there to kill, hail or click should constitute content skipping. Allowing someone else to open or start to open a zone and then swooping in and taking advantage of their work seems real shitty imo.

That's really not the situation in question here.

I do think we are going to need some very clear rules for Spires.

At the moment CW and Exo are locked into a very intense competition for the zone and you can pretty well guarantee that anytime Spires spawns or is about to spawn that 2 opposing groups are going to be forming and sometimes zoning in within seconds of each other. Tempers are going to fly especially if you genuinely believe you have claim when you were beaten by seconds.

Personally, I would prefer if the officers of Exo and CW could discuss this like adults and come to some accommodation. Nobody gains when both guilds have to wait 2 hours to get a firm ruling.

Is there any chance that we could all behave like adults and try and enjoy the game; almost certainly not.

We did try and talk to you like adults, you refused. We offered to share the mobs in light of no GM online to deal with it quickly.

No draeos thats not what u did. U said "we will kill this mob then leave you the rest." We arent stupid, we know the voidworm drops part of the key to the second floor.

quit crying cuz u lost claim

Enlighten me is that the floor we just killed? umad bro? I'm not i hate killing stupid mobs for stupid reasons. However your ass seems a little sore.

Definitely feeling the aura of maturity that must have prevailed - I'm sure we can expect more right?

Thanks for the responses Tao.

Hopefully both guilds read this so next time when we send tells to one another it's not met with snarky comments.

i agree with both party's.

I feel that hailing the ward shouldnt constitute a claim. but i do feel Killing the goblins abetween the ward and zone in does! just my thoughts.

I agree. I dont see how wiping to a trash mob can give you claim, that kind of removes some of the competative aspects of the race. Which basically means that you can bring 6 people group them up and go suicide on the mobs and get a claim, even if your not capable of killing it.

Last edited:
I agree. I dont see how wiping to a trash mob can give you claim, that kind of removes some of the competative aspects of the race. Which basically means that you can bring 6 people group them up and go suicide on the mobs and get a claim, even if your not capable of killing it.

I thought that was a claim. So long as the other 12 people are on the way. Correct me if im wrong please.

Back
Top Bottom