weird lag

spikythorns

Dalayan Adventurer
its only occurring when i open the inventory, mem spells, cast spells, use taunt, use kick, basically anything that is a macro/bound key or spell(casting/memming).

walking around the world and auto attacking are smooth(high fps), but when i cast a spell i get a tiny pause(seems almost like a memory leak), if i spam the inventory key its a bunch of tiny pauses, 1 for open, 1 for close, if i spam the key enough my ping goes from 90-120ish to about 4-6000, if i stop pressing the key it will return to normal.

tried it on my old computer and it does not have this problem. 1600+ 2gb ram, geforce 4 ti4600.

tried it on my laptop as well and same thing, the computer i will be using for sod is 4400+, 7300GT 256, 3g ram, hd is sort of old but comp was slapped together pretty much, ide 133 160gb(80gb fs) windows 7x32. lap top is far better then the desktop but its a work computer.

its not a huge problem but is a bit annoying(the short pause), tried eqplaynice but did not work. this happens in full screen as well as in eqw, it did not happen when i was not selecting the cores, but then the characters were imploding/jumping.

this is not a constant lag, game runs perfectly fine with all options on high, this only happens when i use the macros etc, and its a brief pause(almost like a lock up)

the computer specs are far above recommended, this is the computer i was using for eq1 live and sometimes eq2.

Last edited:
I used to get this problem when I opened and closed bags and looted corpses. Found out my antivirus was the main cause. So i went with a new antivirus program and it ran great from then on. The other thing that caused these types of things to happen was after I crudded up my system enough from viewing dubious webpages and downloading piles of random programs off the internet. I usually format and reinstall O/S every 6 months or so to bring it back up to normal (fast) speed.

Just had the same problem, was the AV's real time file scanner. Setting an exception for the EQ directory solved it.

Back
Top Bottom