Warrior Damage Increment VIII

sabuti

Dalayan Elder
In the games current state, warriors have 0 viable options for the focus effect Damage Increment VIII. All other classes have many options for all different focuses, however warrior is the only class where you will see do not ever have DI VIII. The only items warriors can wear for this focus are The Caretakers Will (which is just inferior to many other weapons, and procs a buff that drains your health) and Sash of Smoldering Ash ( which has horrible tank stats)

My suggestion is very simple and very reasonable. Add damage increment VIII to Bracelet of Masterful Strategy. ALL caster and healer bracers from spires have Mana Conservation VIII, so why not add damage 8 to warrior, if not all melee bracers? Every high warrior wears this item, it would be the best choice to add this focus to the item especially considering the class can get it no where else.

Thanks

"Warriors already use this item make it better. Also make it better than any other class bracer because."

It appears that warrior class bracer has DI7 on it. Which is in line with every other class bracer with DI on it. Seems good to me. Was that really added just because of this post or am I just blind?

Is this suggestion simple? Sure is.
Is this suggestion reasonable? Uhm, no.
Gearing a toon at the high end has always been about what item are you willing to wear for wich focus effect.
A few examples:
  • There is a whooping 2 items in the entire game with Enhanced Control 4, locking people who make use of them into either a certain neck or a certain cloak. Both of these slots have plenty of options with far superior stats if one doesn't need that focus effect.
  • There is a grand total of 3 items with Companion Health 8 that is wearable for casters, none of a mob higher then tier 11. All these slots have many better options yet again.
  • There is a grand total of 2 items with Companion Strength 8 in the entire game that (caster) pet classes can use. Both are rings. There are many many other rings that are superior if one doesn't care for that focus effect.
  • There are exactly 2 items with Venomus Discord that shamans can use, neither off anything higher then tier 11.
All these examples are caster examples. Considering that focus effects were originally meant for casters (yeah yeah I know, melees are used to getting them by now as well!), I do not see a problem with WAR having a hard time to find one focus effect in its highest incarnation. They are not alone, not at all.

EDIT: My bad on poison focus thing, I was wrong there.

Last edited:
the fact that warriors even benefit from DI line is a blessing. Then to expect them to be able to gain the same increase potential as casters is silly. di7 is fine whats the intent of di8? you want to parse more hold more agro's or what? Whats the intent here.

Is this suggestion simple? Sure is.
Is this suggestion reasonable? Uhm, no.
Gearing a toon at the high end has always been about what item are you willing to wear for wich focus effect.
A few examples:
  • There is a whooping 2 items in the entire game with Enhanced Control 4, locking people who make use of them into either a certain neck or a certain cloak. Both of these slots have plenty of options with far superior stats if one doesn't need that focus effect.
  • There is a grand total of 3 items with Companion Health 8 that is wearable for casters, none of a mob higher then tier 11. All these slots have many better options yet again.
  • There is a grand total of 2 items with Companion Strength 8 in the entire game that (caster) pet classes can use. Both are rings. There are many many other rings that are superior if one doesn't care for that focus effect.
  • There are exactly 2 items with Venomus Discord that shamans can use, neither off anything higher then tier 11.
All these examples are caster examples. Considering that focus effects were originally meant for casters (yeah yeah I know, melees are used to getting them by now as well!), I do not see a problem with WAR having a hard time to find one focus effect in its highest incarnation. They are not alone, not at all.
What is your point? Control enhancement apparently doesn't work at all, not to mention both the items are pretty decent stat wise. Companion health? Too bad all the items with comp 8 don't have 200 mana, spell ward, something like conjuration.... Oh wait.

Do I need to continue? Companion strength? Come on dude, akarn ring has 230 mana, 20 to all stats, 200 hp, spell ward, AND flowing thought. Sorrow ring has basically all of the above and it drops off a tier 10 loot pinata. Please tell me what rings are far superior? The amazing 15 cold damage ring off of jenrok with a clicky that is worse than gloom ring?

Warriors don't "have a hard time finding a focus effect." It's not able to be gotten without 25 ac loss, 55 hp, 25 attack, 5 dodge, damage reduction AND aggression!! And believe it or not, the last 2 stats are so lacking I'm currently wearing a tier 10 mask and vah back for aggression and damage reduction! Do you think that's comparable to those poor casters who have to lose 20 mana for their tier 13 tier 10 rings? I have to lose an unfathomable amount of tank stats to use that horrible belt, or just make myself easier to kill with a gloom sword!

What is the justification for all casters to get a focus 8 off their class bracers but screw melees over completely?

Last edited:
This is the most retarded post I've ever read.

"Hold on every class, you're lucky you can use focus 7s, what's the intent of 8? You want parse more hold more agroz? What's the intent here"

What is your point? Control enhancement apparently doesn't work at all, not to mention both the items are pretty decent stat wise. Companion health? Too bad all the items with comp 8 don't have 200 mana, spell ward, something like conjuration.... Oh wait.

Do I need to continue? Companion strength? Come on dude, akarn ring has 230 mana, 20 to all stats, 200 hp, spell ward, AND flowing thought. Sorrow ring has basically all of the above and it drops off a tier 10 loot pinata. Please tell me what rings are far superior? The amazing 15 cold damage ring off of jenrok with a clicky that is worse than gloom ring?

Warriors don't "have a hard time finding a focus effect." It's not able to be gotten without 25 ac loss, 55 hp, 25 attack, 5 dodge, damage reduction AND aggression!! And believe it or not, the last 2 stats are so lacking I'm currently wearing a tier 10 mask and vah back for aggression and damage reduction! Do you think that's comparable to those poor casters who have to lose 20 mana for their tier 13 tier 10 rings? I have to lose an unfathomable amount of tank stats to use that horrible belt, or just make myself easier to kill with a gloom sword!

What is the justification for all casters to get a focus 8 off their class bracers but screw melees over completely?

Im just going ahead and say that this is not the best way to get things changed.

First of all, check your tone. This isn't a yelling contest.
Now to address your points: Control enhancement does something. It helps with mezzes and charms. Comparing Gan neck to Curator neck, one looses 35 mana, 2 FT (so a total of 135 mana if you go by the common 1 FT = 50 mana conversion), yet another focus effect that isn't that easy to find, and a nice worn see invis. So in comparison, Gan neck isn't "very decent statwise", not at all.
Rings, I can't even tell you where to start.

Also what I read here is you have to accept a tradeoff for a focus effect. Does the net 180 HP loss hurt? Sure does! Does the 135 mana loss hurt the caster? Sure does as well! I mean if you think the increase from DI7 to DI8 isn't worth it, don't go that route.

And to answer your last question: Casters get focus effects on their class bracers. People who don't use mana get skill mods related to their role, ON TOP OF focus effect 7s. So your statement of melees being screwed over is just flat out laughable. (Out of curiosity: if you thing melee class bracers are so terrible, why are so many people wearing them to begin with?)

Let's give him a chance to stop and think and mabye he just came across in the wrong way. Ok he thinks warrior class braver should get buffed ok why?do other tanks get di8? that would be an argument if they do

People who don't use mana get skill mods related to their role, ON TOP OF focus effect 7s. So your statement of melees being screwed over is just flat out laughable. (Out of curiosity: if you thing melee class bracers are so terrible, why are so many people wearing them to begin with?)
dude... look at nwaij's class bracer. you get + .7 spell damage off one item, a 1k DD proc, and a mana conservation VIII. i and other melees get a mod that no one knows the value of, while healers get a healing bonus mod with a gheal proc

Let's give him a chance to stop and think and mabye he just came across in the wrong way. Ok he thinks warrior class braver should get buffed ok why?do other tanks get di8? that would be an argument if they do
Nightwhisper for SKs and PAL, has Magic Damage for life taps, Parry, 250 hp, DI VIII, FT.
Feltalla, Path of the Stars PAL, DI VIII, highest AC and HP of any boots, and allows pallys to throw nightwhisper in ammo for a bonus heal proc
In a perfect world, warrior would be on feltalla but sadly that's not the case

I like those arguments a bit more sabuti information is awesome I think adding warrior to that ammo neck item would be worthy to be concidered lets see how class balancing. Staff feel about it

dude... look at nwaij's class bracer. you get + .7 spell damage off one item, a 1k DD proc, and a mana conservation VIII. i and other melees get a mod that no one knows the value of, while healers get a healing bonus mod with a gheal proc
value of double attack mods
Your arguments of paladin and sk while holding slightly more water still are comparing a class that is spell dependent to one that only benefits from DI thru procs and are forgetting warriors being on different weapons than pally/sk makes adding DI increments further to them ripple through and change how items like Entropy's Spine balance

Every time something like this gets brought up staff just pretty much reiterates the fact that they don't think pure melee should expect to have damage increment/elemental focuses the same as casters/hybrids who get much larger benefits from them. Not sure why people are still confused by this.

both parts of this statement are wrong. Slippers of Murky Venom, Crushing Earth Huaraches, Bleached Ringlet. Three items t11 or below, not to mention Vile Herald of the Conduit, an amazing hat from infested monstrosity (t13 item from t13 mob). Also, just cause some focus effects are shitty to get and itemization blows for one class, doesnt mean it should for every class. Personally I dont think that damage 8 belongs on class bracers, (or mana con 8, but thats an entirely different argument, and most itemization in/past spires seems to have every class getting mana con 8 bracer in mind. Wrist is an amazing spot for that focus considering the other mana con 8 options are less stats, on top of caster class bracers having amazing procs and decent skill mods, cept knight bracers.) but giving warriors an option other than a shitty thaz belt would be nice.

Adding Damage Increment 8 to The Strength of Many would probably be the best change if any change is warranted, maybe at the cost of removing the +1 double attack. Currently, this item is incredibly mediocre for all of the classes on it. No paladin or shadowknight wears these arms, adding DI8 would not make them wear these arms, not disrupting balance in the knight class. Cleric, Druid, and Shaman all have solid DI8 choices, including ones they would wear anyways for raw stats (taesh boots), mainhand and offhand (fist of the destroyers and The Soul-Shepherd, with The Soul-Shepherd being the best in slot offhand for druid/shaman anyways). Only real benefit is for a priest with access to monstrosity loot, but not taeshlin loot, however given the relative closeness in monster difficulty from monstro-> taesh this should be a non-factor. CLR/DRU/SHM also have the option of Armlets of Genesis, an item of similar quality from a much easier encounter (armlets are situationally a better item for shaman/druid than monstro arms, given the +5 conjuration for pets/dots, as well as opening up many doors in itemization due to having a new place for healing increment).

The only class that is significantly impacted would be warriors, who to wear The Strength of Many, have to make sacrifices themselves. Essentially to wear The Strength of Many, you have to give up some combination of haste/+aggro/DR/AC/+evocation/+riposte/+1handslash/+dodge to gain 50 hitpoints (its not worth it in its current state, and if it was you would probably see at least one of the top 5 warriors wear them) , i could spend paragraphs talking about all the options but its not worth the time. Basically it opens up the option of DI8 to warriors while simultaneously buffing a below par item and adding a tradeoff of stats. This wouldnt unbalance warriors in anyway, or make them OP etc. They are the only class without a solid choice of a DI8 item, and adding a focus 8 to an item from a mob that drops other focus 8 items isnt an absurd idea.

TLDR; Add DI8 to monstro The Strength of Many because it buffs a mediocre item, has little to no impact on 5/6 classes on the item, and provides a focus effect gain for a tradeoff in other areas. This change isn't necessary/urgent by any means, but isn't a horrible thing to consider either.

Back
Top Bottom