War/Dru Changes

TrueSoddi

Dalayan Beginner
I box a warrior and druid. The warrior revamp combined with the more recent druid changes has made my combo fun to play again. I am really excited to grind up some AAs. The warrior is just too boss now. It used to be agony to duo but now it is not. Thank you. This game rules.

What happened to warriors? I just jumped back on the server and didn't see anything in the past 7 or 8 months of archives but I was sort of skimming.

In a nutshell, warriors build up stamina while in combat, and can activate stances like whirlwind or autoriposte for certain ammounts of stamina. Result: they are more then just autoattack afk now.

New player to the server here - I reviewed the changes made to warriors and am intrigued. What are these recent changes to the druids?

Are there any stances besides /s 8 (Driving Strike) and /s 12 (Whirlwind) that I should be using on my warrior?

My guys are Daymian/Treldanis group with me in game! I'm really bad at this game but I will try.

The one that heals you is kind of awesome, cooldown is super low and it heals pretty decently, great if you driving strike after.

I am by no means an expert, but I do box a warrior on occasion but he is pretty high end...

When I play a warrior I usually tank, and I run /s 4 (vindicator) at all times.
The endurance expending stuff I use are:
/s 6 (Bloodlust) - I use this any time I am under full hp.
/s 8 (Driving Strike) - almost every time it pops.
/s 9 (Defend) - Rarely when shit gets out of hand.
/s 10 (Rampage) - almost every time it pops.
/s 12 (Whirlwind) - I use this when there are more than 2 enemies attacking me (or ramp is down and I need the agro.
/s 16 (Enrange) - This ability is yummy.
/s 17 (Resilient Defense) - When shit gets out of hand.

/s 13 (Finish Him!) when I am really stamina heavy and nothing else to spend it on.
/s 15 (Now!) on occasion, but I don't use it.

EDIT - make hotkeys with the name of the abilities. This way you don't have to type /s # constantly.
EDIT 2 - I pulled the /s off the wiki because I'm to lazy to log in, but the names are right for sure. Also, AE taunt is really an awesome ability.

Last edited:
/s 6 also generates extra aggro, something that people don't seem to realize a lot of the time. Just another reason to combine it with /s 8

If you are just duo-ing or easy grouping then 6, 8, 9, and 12 is all you really need. The other stances are more situational, or better in a raid setting.

Basically as a warrior, you want to bloodlust every time it is off CD. Whirlwind is good if you're pulling more than 2 mobs at a time, but depending on what your mainhand is you might generate stamina slowly so you'll want to swap targets to generate agro.

Basically for XPing what daffie said is correct, I generally box a warrior in XP groups and that's exactly how I play.

How things go often: Pull as many mobs as I can (the warrior I box is like #3 or something on the server), bloodlust, keep clicking targets to generate agro, when stamina bar is full, AOE taunt if I don't have agro on all mobs, then pop enrage.

When enrage is down, I just slam bloodlust until I have stamina for WW, after WW I bloodlust/rampage/driving strike whenever CD is off.

The warrior changes are great, and with the recent changes to aggro generation I hope that the paladins are feeling some love as well. It is a tough road to gear up any new tank but it can be done! Anyone who wants to roll a tank should really consider it. You might not make it to the top five but it is a fun archetype to play!

The warrior changes are great, and with the recent changes to aggro generation I hope that the paladins are feeling some love as well.

Again Olive I thank you for the paladin love. I know Slaar also had her share of work put in too. Thanks again for The help Where it was needed.

Back
Top Bottom