Various store-bought potions OR npc buffers

gummythetroll

Dalayan Beginner
I would really love to see WR be something even more interesting than it already is. Unfortunately, the lack of potions is really a downside for me.

Instead of making this close to EQ, why dont we try to make this everything EQ *should* have been?

Here's what I propose:

Vendor bought potions of various utility spells such as Clarity, or Haste or Aegolism etc, but at a reasonable price. Something that people can really use and be happy with. For example, I think 5pp for a single clarity charge is perfectly acceptable, and there could be 5 or 10 doses too.

There should be potions because the community is not large like EQ, there often are not any chanters or clerics around who are actually willing to buff (not that I blame them) just saying that it would be nice to be able to buy potions of some mediocre utility spells that help everyone have a more enjoyable gaming experience.

As well as this, maybe we could have NPC buffers. For example, You go into the bazaar and you find 1 NPC of chanter, cleric, shaman, druid and ranger. You could then hail the npc and he says what [buffs] would you like, you could then say for example 'Resist Disease' and then the NPC would say, pay me <x> gold. You give him the cash and he casts the buff.
(Bit like Oowomp in TD, hand in 4 gold = his dancing skeleton)

I really think these additions would make WR so much more fun and would not change the balance of the game at all. Its not like buff classes are sat around in nexus buffing for donations. Every little helps and the ability to buy a 'chloroplast' or 'clarity' potion and use it at your own convenience would really be great.

I realise that this could be abused for lower levels, but just as the spells wont take hold if they are too high for someone, the same could be applied for these potions/npc's. So that only someone of sufficient level can actually get utility from purchasing these aids.

What do you guys think ?

I think this is a great idea, if nothing else a temporary one. Since the community is not that large getting buffs is very difficult. I don't know about them being that expensive as lower levels do need them too. In live servers you can take the book to POK and grab a clarity or sow or low level rez for almost free. However maybe as the community gets larger they get taken out, as one of the best things I enjoyed about EQlive was the fact you could make money by doing services for people such as porting/buffing. These also become favors to people and end up being ways to return helpful and generous people.

Sorry, but no. I dislike this idea. Alchemy will be implemented soon for al your potion needs.

I did Alchemy on my shaman on live, it sucked on live and it will suck even more here, because of the following reasons:

1) It's too expensive - the majority of ppl can hardly afford mediocre equipment let alone potions for 100pp +

2) The variety of potions is crap. iirc sow and gate were about the only potions worth buying/making and they would just be too much money for this economy.

3) Alchemy doesnt help because it doesnt provide utility for all players across all levels. Not like a 'courage' or 'clarity' potion would.

I think given a chance, this feature would be a massive hit but its your server, you do what you like =/

People, you have to realize. We can make alchemy anything we want it to be. and given that, we probably WON'T make it like live in the least. We will make it worthwhile and cost effective.

I hate it when people reference live to WR. In case you didn't know, that's the beauty of EQEmu and WR. We don't have to make ANYTHING like live!

gummythetroll said:
I did Alchemy on my shaman on live, it sucked on live and it will suck even more here, because of the following reasons:

1) It's too expensive - the majority of ppl can hardly afford mediocre equipment let alone potions for 100pp +

2) The variety of potions is crap. iirc sow and gate were about the only potions worth buying/making and they would just be too much money for this economy.

3) Alchemy doesnt help because it doesnt provide utility for all players across all levels. Not like a 'courage' or 'clarity' potion would.

I think given a chance, this feature would be a massive hit but its your server, you do what you like =/
1: This isn't live.
2: This isn't live.
3: This isn't live, though I'm not sure what you mean.

As Nuralia said, don't expect there to be the exact same potions as on live, and nothing else, because... well read 1, 2 and 3. Wiz implants whatever potions he feels is needed, for the good of the server. And you said that most people doesn't have money to buy 100+ pp potions, I hardly know anyone who doesn't have a couple of k pp lieing around in the bank if someone they needed came up (this is of course in the higher end of the game).

Back
Top Bottom