Update on Dark Rot

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
Here's the deal: I've been stupidly busy ever since shortly after I put in Dark Rot, and despite my best intentions I haven't been able to find the time to implement the Hierophant war parts, and I probably won't for another week or so at least.

For this reason, I will be removing dark rot from the game until everything related to it is in place, rather than just leave it out there and have everyone get stage 5.

I really could not have predicted that I would have this little free time, but it's a good lesson in not releasing things half-finished.

I will try to have an RP event run explaining why Dark Rot suddenly vanished, but I wanted to be honest about what's up.

The Hiero event will still happen once the coding is actually finished.

Thanks for the heads up Wiz! I think everyone understands you're busy, and I for one am very grateful for everything you and the team do to keep the server running and keeping things fun.

I really appreciate the honesty, theres nothing harder for someone creative than to admit they're mistaken about something.

No worries from me, I'll still look forward to destroying the Heirophant along with the rest of the server, Dark Rot or no.
Good luck with the new problems, I hope you get them worked out shortly so we can get back to the RPing. =)

I'm pretty angry that we've been left hanging with this Dark Rot stuff for no reason, but I'm glad you realize that it was poorly handled. As you said, a good lesson. Good luck with Dawntide; I'm looking forward to it.

What if a cure is found by a stranger which (supposedly) removes it (in game terms changes Dark Rot to Cured Dark Rot, which gives you no stat penatly).

When you have time for the hiero event, all cured dark rot suddenly turns into stage 5 or a new stage 6 and we all realize it was just another of Khaezul's tricks.

Edit: removed my idea since I found the thread where everything went down about removeing the dark rot :)

No Worrys Wiz from my neck of the woods, everyone gets busy :) Thanks for the update about whats going on.

The gods have focused their efforts to allow the beings of Dalaya time to prepare for war! While it may only be a brief respite, it is a chance to build your armies to their greatest potential!

(Thanks Wiz!)

As long as the fight still happens, then I am happy! Thanks for taking off Dark Rot. I am going to dedicate the slot to my gender illusion shoulders~

Thanks Wiz, the wait was getting absurd on our side.

I am still looking forward the Hierophant event.

Thanks for the efforts in keeping Dalaya a living world, even if it doesn't always go the expected way!

We appreciate the work Wiz and staff. No worries about the wait, real life comes first of course.

You're not fooling anyone. I know someone is writing their masters thesis in sociology based on Dark Rot and its impact in SOD. I enjoyed having my alts try to not get it. My cleric still doesn't have it, which was a bit tricky given the ports and rezes he did.

dedruid said:
You're not fooling anyone. I know someone is writing their masters thesis in sociology based onDark Rot and its impact in SOD.

That would actually be a pretty good explanation for all this. Okay, I'm placated now. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom