Unusual Duos

Nec/ Bst sounds good... Mage/ Bst could also be interesting.

Rog/Wiz sounds like tonnes of fun, if only wiz could tank, hahahaha well, you'd be the best DPS duo if a group needs dps that's for sure.

Paladin/ Rog seems pretty neat too.

I have never thought of Necro/BST. That could be interesting. There is a ton of versatility and utility there. Either snare kite with two pets chewing the heels or in a dungeon the necro can pull and the BST tank.

Maybe not really that unusual but Bst/dru make a nice duo for farming..

Stat buffs, thorns, Hp buffs, mana regen, haste, pet can tank pretty nice and does really sweet DPS.. whats not to love?

I do a BST/DRU combo. It is great for doing more low level stuff, but it really does limit what you can tank. At around tier 4 it also became difficult to let the pet tank. He does not hold aggro against a BST nor tank near as well.

Cons
lack of cc - limited to Harmony, root and pet off-tank
tanking - BST is an unspectacular tank

Pros
Two pets
Two classes that can take hits
Nice heals
Well rounded buffs
Sustained melee dps plus druid burst dps
Transportation

So if you just want to be able to EXP while LFG or farm lots of lower dark blues, then this combo shines. If you want to take down some named in harder zones, you may want to find a tank. Tank+BST+DRU = WIN!

Last edited:
Give Enchanter/Wizard a try, nuke - mez, rinse repeat...not too shabby!

with a chanter/wizard, chanter can chain stun indefinately up to 3 or 4 mobs with PBAOE Stun while wizard lays waste to them... done this in Live endlessly, except i think the cap for AOE spells is 3 or 4 here? not sure.

with a chanter/wizard, chanter can chain stun indefinately up to 3 or 4 mobs with PBAOE Stun while wizard lays waste to them... done this in Live endlessly, except i think the cap for AOE spells is 3 or 4 here? not sure.

You can't chain stun mobs on SoD. I think that the time of the stun must pass twice before the mob can be stunned again. Pbaoe spells hit a maximum of 6 mobs here, rains hit 2 mobs for 3 waves, and target AoE spells hit 3 targets. Also you must be on a mob's agro list before your area spells will hit it.

all my guys are still below 30 , but ive had a blast sofar boxing a mage and beastlord.
far from perfect but a triple/quad pull with that duo is fun as hell. mage is a few levels higher so i have him tank, and things can get quite hectic reling on beastlord heals...adds to the fun tho.
on live i boxed a shammy/bst or shammy/whatever tank i was in the mood for but sofar the most fun has been has been the mage/bst combo here. decent dps, cloth tank, complete crap for healing= lots of alt-tabbing and clicking, keeps me occupied and paying attention.

I leveled to about 40 as enchanter / druid combo, then decided that I wasn't that into two-boxing. After I hit 60 I did AAs again as druid / chanter with 2 x charmed mobs. Was a pretty nice combo.

Back
Top Bottom