Unusual Duos

MurphysLaw

Dalayan Beginner
I've done mnk+dru and shm+sk, and they were both fun and easy. Now I'm looking for new duo ideas that won't leave me saying "well that was a waste of time" after I've put hours into them.

So here's some questions, answer however many you'd like-
What's your favorite duo for root-rotting?
What's your favorite duo for adept killing?
What's your favorite duo for ae kiting?
What's your favorite duo for cash farming?
What's your favorite non-traditional duo and why?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cash farming? Wiz+Clr (Hi Nwaij and Kleines)

Adept killing? Pally + Shm

Ae Kitting? Bard+Mage

Root Kill? Ranger+Shm

Non-traditional? Wiz+Rogue

I have always wanted to try a Paladin + Enchanter. Of course, the duo would have to be substantially raid geared to duo anything that isn't drool content.

I have always wanted to try a Paladin + Enchanter. Of course, the duo would have to be substantially raid geared to duo anything that isn't drool content.

I've done it with Ringo and Raralith and it's "meh." You can't GoG because you want fire illusion for DPS, and you don't need to mezz because Ringo's got 10k+ hp and can AE agro everything. You are basicly left rooting and casting DD's which makes Paladin + Wizard way better. Personally, I like Monk + Druid because tracking and porting is so nice to have when named sniping.

Theoretical here... but could a mage summon a buttload of dots for chanter to let chanter chainrune mage while he AOE'd? If so, mage/chanter.

Theoretical here... but could a mage summon a buttload of dots for chanter to let chanter chainrune mage while he AOE'd? If so, mage/chanter.

Well first of all, you're going to be nailing yourself alot with rains. If you master raintanking (which requires you developing a bit of a feel for distance between mobs), you can toss your pet on one mob, target that with rains, and hit another mob you're tanking with the mage at the same time.

Given the particular abilities you're going to have open to you though, you're going to be far better off with a healer + mage than a chanter + mage. Ds for one is a notable reason, 43+30 with just aa's packed away and your relic ds, not counting clickies. Not to mention a goodly number of things are going to hurt you faster than the enchanter can rune. Also giantkin does not stack with your ancient burnout, so you're not going to want to do that much.

I have been looking for some fun duos to try out. So far I have been having a good time with a bard/cleric and with pally/wiz.

Going to try out Enchanter/Druid next.

I had a blast with cleric/necro duo for quite a while. I played as MT/MH on my cleric til SI greened over, then I took to rooting and undead nuking, while the necro rotted everything that moved. That took us up to where KP greened out. We had a few groups during that time of course, but the bulk of those levels were he and I duoing.

He doesn't play much anymore, and I have taken to boxing my cleric with my mage when I solo, but the cleric/necro duo was alot of fun while it lasted, though I'm sure there are plenty of more "ideal" duos.

FUN > ALL :D

Afterthought: When leveling my mage, my favorite duo was with a necro. Mage pet tanked, necro rotted, I nuked with mage when it was safe enough. Second favorite was with a wiz. Send in pet, BOOOOOOOM!!! BOOOOOOOOM!!! The necro proved able to pull singles better than the wiz and I, but rain kiting with aoe snare was a hoot once we got a good rhythem. My least favorite duo was when my druid tried to duo with a cleric in SI, downright painful. Entirely possible that I am just a fail druid, lol.

Last edited:
best unusual would definitely have to be Bard+Shaman. you never run out of things to do with that duo, whether in exp, or raids, whether alone, or in a group. And talk about killer root rotting.

Back
Top Bottom