Unlabeled AA and Tome values

Cyzaine

Staff Emeritus
[Wed Jul 18 14:54:58 2007] You broadcast, 'Are you willing to give out the exact % crit chance on crit AA's? Casters and Melees'

[Wed Jul 18 14:55:36 2007] Admin-Wiz BROADCASTS, 'Well, yeah, sure, but I don't have the numbers on hand, so start a thread asking for them to be added to the AA descriptions or something.'
[Wed Jul 18 14:56:03 2007] Admin-Wiz BROADCASTS, 'It's not a secret or anything though.'

As was promised over a year ago... July 18th 2007... the non secret AA hard numbers. Some known values are listed for convenience.

Fury of Magic (Further increase spell crits chance) - 2/4/6 added to your crit chance
Fury of the Arcane (Further Further increases Wiz cirt chance) - 2/4/6 added to your crit chance
Ultimate Blast (Gives a chance for ULTIMATE blasts) - 4/8/16 % chance to ultimate on a crit

Vampric Lore (Life tap crit: seems to affect procs too) - 2/4/7 added to your crit chance for lifetaps

Spell Casting Subtlety (Caster Less Aggro) - 5/10/20 % less aggro generated per cast
Spell Casting Reinforcement (Buff duration) - 5/15/30 % additional duration on buffs
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery (Further Buff duration) - 20 % additional duraton on buffs
Channeling Focus (reduces interrupt chance) - 5/10/15 % increase to your channeling skill

Healing Adept (Healing Crits) - 3/6/10 added to your crit chance on heals
Advanced Healing Gift (Further Healing Crits) - 2/4/6 added to your crit chance on heals

Combat Fury (Increase melee crits) - 2/4/6 added to your crit chance on hits
Fury of the Ages (Increase melee crits) - 1/2/3 added to your crit chance on hits

Combat Agility (Dodges melee dmg) - 1/2.5/5 added to your dodge chance when hit
Lightning Reflexes (Dodges melee dmg) - 1/2/3/4/5 added to your dodge chance when hit

Combat Ferocity (Increases melee hit chance) - 1/2.5/5 added to your hit chance
Unerring Precision (Increases melee hit chance) - 1/2/3/4/5 added to your hit chance

Deadeye (Increased archery and throwing crits and hits) - 2/4/6 added to your crit chance on hits 5/10/15 added to your hit chance

Physical Enhancement (I'm likely missing some effects, this is just what I saw) - 2 added to damage reduction and avoidance

Barkskin (Druid Damage reducer) 10 added to your damage reduction
Oakskin (Druid Damage reducer) 10 added to your damage reduction

Skulking Visage (Rogue aggro reducer) - 2/4/6/8/10 % less aggro generated per calculation

Shielding Mastery (Benefits shield somehow) - 15/25/50 % increase to shield bonus (block skill = (shield AC*2)*1.15 or 1.25 or 1.50)
Weapon Shield (Random class mitigation increase) - 15/25/50 % increase to non shield mitigation

Finger Tricks (Questionably named Bard AA) - 35 % chance to not interrupt songs
Extended Notes (Increases bard song range) - 10/15/25 % increase to song range
Extended Notes (Further increases bard song range) - 5/10/15 % increase to song range

Unholy Touch (SK harm touch amplifier) - 25/50/75 % damage increase on harm touch
Strike of the Void (SK I eat mana AA) - 10/25/50 % of damage hurts mana
Soul Abrasion (SK make lifetap better AA) - 5/15/30 % damage increase on lifetaps

Advanced Anatomy (Warrior AA of some kind) - 0/4 point flat bonus to hate per swing

Melee Mastery (Increases chance to double attack) - 25/50/100 effective double attack skill bonus (No fail for primary at rank 3) 20/40/80 effective triple attack skill bonus
Beastial Frenzy (Further chance to double attack) - 25/50/75/100/125 effective double attack skill bonus (pretty much only of use for offhand)

Elemental Enhancement (Makes mage pets beefier!) - 5 point increase to max damage 5 % bonus to max pet hp (Both effects pre focus adjustment)

Let me know if I missed something important. Still hunting down those Tomes. WTB Centralization of anything!

Zae Edit: I found the tome effects in much less frightening/code-y place. Might not be 100% accurate.

Codex of Power (Increase Melee damage, Spell damage, Pet damage, and Healing) - 4% per volume, 20% for all 5 volumes.

Understanding and Working With Runes (Increase rune effects on *your* character) - 15 % damage mitigation on rune-absorbed damage

Dodging the Tears of Tarhyl (Decrease incoming Spell damage) - 5 % spell mitigation

Manual of Triggered Casting (Increase item proc rates) - 10 % increased chance to proc

Tales of Rapid Recovery (Decrease exhaustion timer) - 20 % decreased exhaustion time after extreme styles

Compendium of Aggressive Stances (Increase aggro generation) - 5 % increased aggro generation

Compendium of Passive Stances (Decrease aggro generation) - 5 % decreased aggro generation

Advanced Foe Management (Increase root, mesmerize, and charm duration) - 10 % increased duration

Treatise on Armor Optimization (Increase Damage Reduction) - 40 % increase to worn Damage Reduction

Secrets of the Wee Folk (Death Save) - 10 % fatal blow Death Save

Non of these are cumulative (highest number for each AA is what counts)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not correct the non-labeled part? Pretty sure a small amount already do, such as Spell Casting Fury

Mainly cuz I don't know how. If I stumble on it, I'll add it, but won't be seeking it out at this time, too many other projects need to be done.

Is it possible to get the number for Warrior Advanced Anatomy's hate generation? Assuming it is a % hate increase per swing/hit

Posting what I found... it seems wrong. If someone could post the description I'd appreciate it, may be a bug.

*EDIT*
Advanced Anatomy, Warrior PoP Ability Tab. Requirement: Level 65, Bandage Mastery at Level 3

This ability grants the warrior knowledge of the body, both that of his own and that of his foes. Decreases the duration of poisons and diseases that affect the warrior. In the second rank of this ability the warrior can, when fighting in melee, identify painful spots on his foe's body, driving the foe into a blind rage with each strike, effectively increasing the warrior's hate generation from melee combat. The two ranks of this ability may be trained at or after levels 63 and 64.

Awesome, so it is functional =) thanks.

Would it be possible to get the benefits of weapon shield listed? :D

Weapon shield added!

posted it in the other thread but i couldnt find it so i'll re-ask

Beastial Frenzy
Melee Mastery for Beastlords
Ultimate Blast

Ultimate Blast rates are not related to AA's or Tomes at this point as far as I know, so i won't be disclosing how the roll is done. As for the others, here they come!

Is fury of the arcane +2/4/6% for crit+ultimate+primal? or just crit

The percentage is simply the increase in crit chance. Ultimate/Primal chance is a different roll after crit

The percentage is simply the increase in crit chance. Ultimate/Primal chance is a different roll after crit

um this seems backwards to me shouldnt ultimate / primal chance be rolled before crit chance or is this a situation of way to late to change it becuase things are balanced as is?

um this seems backwards to me shouldnt ultimate / primal chance be rolled before crit chance or is this a situation of way to late to change it becuase things are balanced as is?

I think it means that if you roll a successful crit, before it finishes it is then rolled to determine a) regular crit, b) Ultimate blast or c) Primal blast.

My understanding has always been that UB's and Primals were rare forms of the crits, hence having a requirement of a crit already being triggered.

My understanding has always been that UB's and Primals were rare forms of the crits, hence having a requirement of a crit already being triggered.
that is also what i thought. Basically you had a X chance to crit, and IF you crit, then you had Y chance to ultimate and Z to Primal. Wasn't sure if fury of the Arcane was increasing the chance of EACH by 2/4/6, or crits by that much and other 2 were hidden.

Ultimate Blast rates are not related to AA's or Tomes at this point as far as I know, so i won't be disclosing how the roll is done. As for the others, here they come!
I was referring to the "ultimate blast" Class AA which Grants wizards the ability and then increases the chance. Of course, if you cant/wont/shouldnt share the info then it still doesnt matter anyway =)

Ok, as its an AA, I've added Ultimate Blast.

Thanks for the answers.

emberflow tome percentages would be nice to know as well, currently its a complete guess as to the effect amounts.

It should not really be game breaking to know as well as the other tome %'s are all public.

Er that was actually the point of the original thread... just so happens I'm more familiar with the AA code than the codex code. They'll come when I find them.

As it's already been mentioned rains have a lower crit rate, and observed, how does this factor in with the aa crit chance? Does it half it? Reduce it by a set amount?

Based on what I see (and this could be mistaken), total crit chance is divided by number of waves of the spell (3). In theory you should 'crit' the same amount total as anyone else (save you lack innate spell crit, so you don't have that base). In fact if rounding is consistent with everything else I've seen, your crit rate may actually be higher than the calculated crit value (partials tend to round up).

In addition, although it's not related to % chance, I believe the benefits of elemental enhancement would be nice to know (in specifics, a vague idea is already present). Some kind of value for Spell casting mastery is also missing, as well as the % chance for finishing blow to land.

Added!

naw finishing blow cant be crit strike chance or it would go off on every single mob in the level range almost as soon as they hit the %.

also, would you be able to put in the % chance for assassination chances, i know its not an aa but it would be nice to know as well especially the throwing part on unengauged mobs with the aa.

Pretty sure finishing blow chance = character's melee crit chance on an applicable target at the applicable time.
A percentage of a percentage? 10% crit chance = 1% chance to finishing blow in correct situation?

Advanced Foe Management (Increase root, mesmerize, and charm duration) - 10 % increased duration

Is there anyway this could be checked to see if this affects bard songs? TM said that it was intended to do so, but from my parsing, it does not seem to be affecting our charms or our mezzes. (or the 10% increase gets rounded down)

Is there anyway to see if this tome would affect the mobs mitigation?

Advanced Anatomy (Warrior AA of some kind) - 0/4 point flat bonus to hate per swing

Wasn't this AA supposed to be improved with the Warrior changes awhile back? These are the same values as always.

Afaik warriors got a boost in innate hate generated per hate having nothing to do with AAs.

Warriors

Foelock will now also trigger when pulling with spells (clickies) or ranged weapons.
Warriors will now receive extra hate per hit they land, even before getting Advanced Anatomy.
Advanced Anatomy's effects have been increased.

It should also be noted that foelock is only triggered by clickies if the spell lands. Also, malo doll does not trigger foelock either way, which is bullshit.

As was promised over a year ago... July 18th 2007... the non secret AA hard numbers. Some known values are listed for convenience.

Barkskin (Druid Damage reducer) 10 % damage reduction
Oakskin (Druid Damage reducer) 10 % additional damage reduction

10 PERCENT or 10 points?

Pretty sure finishing blow chance = character's melee crit chance on an applicable target at the applicable time.

Personally I would like to know if Channeling Focus does anything at all seeing as bashes seem to have a 100% chance to interrupt spells even with rank 3.

Channeling Focus is odd. I added the percentages up above. But as far as what actually happens in game, I'm not convinced you really get a benefit. Push backs don't tend to be subtle in this game, and I think most of us are aware of caster jousting... which kinda makes it moot.

After extensive runs of pulling a literal shitload of mobs (think 40+), many of whom bash, both before and after channeling focus, I noticed the rate of landing longer casting heals on myself increased substantially as I progressed through channeling focus. Now granted that's just an eye it up evaluation sort of thing, or it might just work on interrupts caused by something generally just beating you in the face. So it might not have an effect on bash, but appears to have at least an effect.

Back
Top Bottom