Unable to load character - You are not currently assigned to an adventure.

Tralynfae

Dalayan Beginner
I have not played SoD in years, but I recently decided to give it a go again. After a fresh install (via Steam) and the SoD patcher, I'm not able to get past the character select screen. Once I select a character and click "Enter Dalaya" the client crashes.

In the game "Logs" folder the eqlog_CharacterName.txt contains a timestamp and "You are not currently assigned to an adventure."

I've tried this with several of my exisiting characters (in different zones), and even created a new character with the same result.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

not a lot to go on here, but i do know quite a few ppl who got this same msg after one of the recent patches.

their fix was to get a copy from someone who hadn't patched since 2019, goodluck!

Although they say to use steam files I have been using eqlive files just fine for many years , it might be worth a shot to try those. Just curious though you didnt run the eqpatcher after getting steam files? as that will cause issues iirc.

Somebody reported certain programs such as "razer synapse" and other things cause the crashing issue for them. Are you using WINEQ2?

I seem to be in a similar boat. I've DL'ed the Steam version twice, placed it into the root C: directory, ran all the direct x installs I found on the forums, and nothing seems to be working. I had a backup copy of Dalaya from 2016, and that runs as long as I don't patch it with the SOD patcher.

The extremely janky work around I have is to just have a secondary patched folder and copy over spells.txt and db_str.txt or whatever to the old client.

This horrible crashing began with the patch that added sunken to the game and hasn't been addressed by any of the staff afaik.

Back
Top Bottom