Tylazik's remain quest. (shaman mask)

Nanta

Dalayan Beginner
well, I(Bisu) got a problem in the beginning of the quest. ( Tylazik's Remain quest )
to begin the quest, i had to gather the 4 items ( Priest's skull, Magmatic Soil,
Gargantuan Turtle Entrails, Blessed Sacrifical Dagger )
after collected all, i met Tylazik and turn in him all. Tylazik spawned at the entrance of old fear plane.
as soon as i handed in, the wave of undeads started ( yea, its a script )
and we wiped, Tylazik died either.
so i lost 4 items all, then i realized there is no flag in the quest.
it means, i need to collect 4 items again, if i wanna do the quest again.
that was my fault, i know ( if wiping is fault )
but if u done this quest even once, u could know well they are not easy farming stuffs.
i hope that no flag wll be fixed...
could i get a care about that from here?

Last edited:
English is not Nantas first language so I wanted to try and explain this a bit better,

Shaman mask quest -Tylazik's Remains's quest

After handing in
* Priest's Skull
* Magmatic Soil
* Gargantuan Turtle Entrails
* Blessed Sacrifical Dagger

The script began and his group wiped, at which time Spirit of Tylazik died to the mobs that spawned , none of the four items from the hand in were returned .

He then went back and cleaned up the mess killing the undead spawns from the script, since no items were returned and the Spirit of Tylazik was now dead , he returned to The Hidden Temple of Yaralith and killed an eternal servant , at which time he looted (Unknown) Remains and spawned the spirit again.

At this time Spirit of Tylazik is now responding as if the four items were never collected.

Is this a bug?
Is there a hail he must do to trigger the script again?
Intended? , If you wipe at this stage you have to camp the four items again? ( I was told these are brutally long camps)
Is there a flag missing or screwed up?

If anyone has ever had this problem before and resolved it any info or GM help would be appreciated. Thanks Ravik

... got bad news for you. :(

its intended... the entire quest at verious stages is like that. Fail.. and its back to squire 1.

The Final turn in eats all of your hardwork for you to engage yarlaith the Forgotten. Fail thier.. and you have to start from the very very begining.

I easyly spent 65+ Hours camping the stuff for this quest. ALWAYS bring over kill to the kill encounters (undead and yaralith)

im not a shaman, but DAMN that sucks. something should be added to warn new shamans that the risks involved are crazy high. maybe add a warning at the start of the quest or smthng that says "if you fuck up, its back to square one beetch"

Yeah it does suck, and its been brought up before (couple times).
If someone follows the Wiki you can see mention of this, but if someone isn't useing the wiki thier screwed. Some text added to the quest warning the PC that its a one shot per try kinda thing would be helpful.

I'm not even sure what happens if you fail at Yaralith... I know by doing the turn in you awaken him and it eats the final item. But if the raid wipes... Im not sure if hes active still or just goes to sleep. If he at least stays active you can try again.

I remember helping a friend with his mask quest and i know for a fact that he stayed active for more than one attempt (i believe i joined on the 2nd attempt). however he had to do some item farming after they wiped on an entirely different day, i do not know if he had to start again from scratch or not.

I did this quest on my shaman and I was always under the impression that if you failed, the quest reset. I remember the Wiki saying this, but after a quick skim, it no longer does. I also searched the forum for every thread about the quest back when I was working on it. Those threads say shit like "if you fuck up you have to start over". Magmatic soil, dagger, water and shit can be pretty QQ.

Thanks for the replies , Nanta has /petitioned several times over several days with no response but sometimes I cant understand him and have been raiding with him for over a year ...

We all know the mask isn't just any item , in fact it may very well be the most class defining item for any class on the server.

I wound not want to see any part of the quest trivialized , but to lose almost 100 hours of camping for one wipe seems way to harsh , I have not seen the text the Npcs give first hand , but if there is no warning giving at each stage of the quest that if you fail you need to start over , then I would recommend it be added.

Thanks again for the info Ravik

Last edited:
I had a similar problem, I killed the encounter but the flag didn't take. I petitioned, was eventually responded to, and the staff member spawned the later version of the quest mob. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom