Troubles with Right-click mouse button

Yusuke

Dalayan Adventurer
Dev-Slaar suggested I post on the forums to get some help with this. The problem is that when I right-click the mouse button and hold it down, the cursor seems like it is being repeatedly clicked. When I the move the cursor over a player, mob, or corpse (to change which way the character looks) I get multiple cons, inspections, or auto-looting even if the cursor is not directly pointed at them. When I right-click the mouse button, normally it disappears and I can do a 360 degree turn etc. but with this problem it is constantly showing, flickering, as if being hit nonstop.

I turned off the player inspection but still get those cons, and still have that looting problem and dozens of messages flooding the channel. This is happening on two different computers, so I don't think it could be the mouse as it is fine when i'm not playing SoD.

It's kind of strange that it happens on two different computers. When you say "two different computers" you also mean two different mice, right?

1. Could you provide more details about these two computers? Specifically the Operating systems. Desktop/Laptop?
2. Do these two mice have the same brand/type of mouse? Did you install the drivers and/or software that came with the mice?
3. How did you install the game? Did you install from the Titanium CD's on both machines? Or did you install from the CD on one machine and copy it over to the other?
4. Are you running EQW or full screen? What happens when you try running in the other?
5. Do you notice this same behavior with the left click button? If you hold it down will you constantly target other characters?
6. I know that some people install programs to purposefully get this behavior, have you installed any Autoclicker-type programs or other "mouse-enhancing" applications for other games?

Both computers are running Windows 7, one is a laptop with a generic usb mouse, and the other is a gaming pc with a different mouse (brand is different as well). The laptop has the problem consistently, but on the pc it's only sometimes. The game was originally installed using a titanium cd on the laptop, then copied over to the pc. Mice are plug-and-play, no drivers needed. No autoclickers of any type, and I'm using EQW. I'm going to try testing the left-click thing and fullscreen later. Any clues from what I've given you?

Setting to left-click actually worked, although if I keep it held down for even 2 seconds and then let go, the cursor pops back in the middle of the screen. Considering the main issue is resolved, I can live with this. I have to say, you would be surprised how annoying it can be to do things opposite of what you have been used to for so long. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom